Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know how in the world

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 161 Total Views
It got this far. My dh has always know whT are budgeted bills totaled. I always told him this was jut bills not doc visits or scripts or any other normal thing you would include in a budget.
Then he acts surprise when he asks me how much more per week/ month he would need to make in order to cover it all. We are currently soooo far behind in our bills I am so embarrassed. I have always been so good with budget. But let me interject and say that my husband likes to live a certain way and is always talking and thinking about what's next....wht he wants to do next......
He doesn't want me to I back to work and frankly I refuse at this point
He keeps promising it will all work out and not to worry but hen I tell him a number and he's like it will never happen and the in the next breathe he's saying it will all work out dont you trust me?
OMG I don't think he gets it. He owns a business works 80-90 hours a week and our bills are massive and even if I told you how much per month which I will never you would think we were distgusting but remember its only normal stuff... Lunch money uniforms school raffle responsibilities doctors etc
I don't get manicure and pedicure I do not get facials or such I do not spend money on clothes I wear the same over and over even if it doesn't fit I do not spend frivolously .
OMG I just am
I don't know scared done frustrated. Ahhhhhh
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rosiemarie
by Sister on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Oh but when I gave him the number more we would need per week he mistook it for per month....I only wish it were per month
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Aug. 23, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I have one just like that...hugs
Maida265
by Stiletto on Aug. 23, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

That's why I make my dh sit down and do bills with me. Never a question about who and how much then.

I'm sorry things are not better for you. I have a question...and I'm not judging, but why wouldn't you want to take on a job if it would mean lessoning your worry? It would also give you something to focus on and make you feel like you are doing something about the situation.

rosiemarie
by Sister on Aug. 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM
First and for most I have no support system here where I am no family that I could count on to take care I the girls if they get sick so I can go to work. I would hate to go to work and have to be constantly calling out......my girls are infamous for frequently getting sick ugh. Secondly my husband is very strong in the issue of me be home with the girls I don't think he would give in no matter what.
He asked me to put a book together of our bills which I did a spread sheet then he asked for all the stuff that should be included and once again I did that and even broke it down into weeks. It's been almost three weeks and he hasn't even opened the book. I sent pics of the pages last week and finally another set today after the whole big to do.
He's like well if this all true there's gonna be some changes around here lmfao what changes get rid if the cars send the girls to public school? No of which he would consider. I begged him to take over the bills and he said fine but "I don't know when I'm gonna find the one I do them" so we all know what that meant I still do them. He doesn't even sit with he's not around to sit with me...

Quoting Maida265:

That's why I make my dh sit down and do bills with me. Never a question about who and how much then.

I'm sorry things are not better for you. I have a question...and I'm not judging, but why wouldn't you want to take on a job if it would mean lessoning your worry? It would also give you something to focus on and make you feel like you are doing something about the situation.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM

hugs.. I'm kinda in the same boat myself ...

ALolies
by 'Lil Feather' H.A. on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM

We own our business as well. I know how overwhelming it can be. Hugz...

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:34 PM

hugs

Maida265
by Stiletto on Aug. 23, 2013 at 8:53 PM

I'm so sorry. You are really in a tough situation.

Quoting rosiemarie:

First and for most I have no support system here where I am no family that I could count on to take care I the girls if they get sick so I can go to work. I would hate to go to work and have to be constantly calling out......my girls are infamous for frequently getting sick ugh. Secondly my husband is very strong in the issue of me be home with the girls I don't think he would give in no matter what.
He asked me to put a book together of our bills which I did a spread sheet then he asked for all the stuff that should be included and once again I did that and even broke it down into weeks. It's been almost three weeks and he hasn't even opened the book. I sent pics of the pages last week and finally another set today after the whole big to do.
He's like well if this all true there's gonna be some changes around here lmfao what changes get rid if the cars send the girls to public school? No of which he would consider. I begged him to take over the bills and he said fine but "I don't know when I'm gonna find the one I do them" so we all know what that meant I still do them. He doesn't even sit with he's not around to sit with me...

Quoting Maida265:

looneymom424
by on Aug. 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM

First and foremost dont stress yourself so much it is not like they can eat you...Yes you need to make changes we did.  You need to cut back where you can and talk him into it.  It doesnt matter that he likes things a certain way he needs to cut back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)