Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I Love My Granddog And Miss Both Her And My Daughter But...

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 383 Total Views

apparently my little stink bug Boston Terrier doesn't feel the same way. Since Chloe has been back little miss Tess has peed in the house 4 times! And to quote a you tube sensation, "Ain't Nobody Got Time For That!" She's even wet the dog beds that I keep beneath my office desk! I'm trying to work, little canines and you aren't making it easy! I adore Chloe because she adores me, but I admit, I'm a bit stressed at the moment. I can't even imagine the state Rachel's apt is in - which is why she's been more than willing to pawn Chloe off on me. And she's my only grandchild lol! And the little cutie refuses to go back with Rach when she's here. She doesn't like to be left crated and alone while Rachel is at work. I work from homIe. I think I left something out. Chloe is Rachel's dog, and I volunteered to take her when she had a long shift and she's still here. When she and Rach lived here, this was her home, and I don't think that she's ever adjusted to apt living and being left alone again. But while she's a little doll baby, she's also the reason why my upstairs carpet is trashed, and my Boston doesn't appreciate competition. So...it's trouble.

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snowl
by Snowl :) on Aug. 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Oh my goodness. Hopefully the two will eventually reach some kind of understanding and you won't have so many messes to clean.

What kind of work do you do?

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I think Tess is feeling the stress of Chloe and maybe Tess is trying to tell you that Chloe either needs to stay or go because Tess gets use to being the only fur baby and Chloe comes in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Time to stock up on Resolve spray!

Dogs are just as tempermental and emotional as children - they just can't use their words.  I hope things settle down for you, both for your sanity and your carpeting!

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 24, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Your little terrier is marking her territory...

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM
hugs! i have not dealt with this issue. i wonder what Cesar Milan would suggest?
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM

hugs

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM
This is how i ended in custody of my only granddog.
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
I say this with much love ...Its time to put your alpha dog pants on. do i have a suggestion as to how you are to do this? no.
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Aug. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM

After Rusty died, Rambo would NOT let me have little Aries in the house. 2 males, forget it! I wonder if it is the same with Tess and Chloe?

looneymom424
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Female dogs do not get along...chihuahuas are heck to get to go outside

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN