Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

UPDATE #2 ON COOK/SITTER

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 45 Replies
  • 980 Total Views

She said she would call today saturday.  Seeing how it is after 9 at night and Saturday,I would say,she picked someone else.  I wrote her a last emil saying I would respect her more if she would have called or emailed me to tell me she chose somebody else,instead of my instinct telling me so.  I am glad I did not get my hopes up. Now I don't feel disappointed.

by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Aug. 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM
1 mom liked this

You will hopefully find something soon. 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:07 PM
2 moms liked this

move on to the next..never stop doing so until you get a yes, don't wait on them...if you wind up with more than one wanting you then YOU take the better offer... hugs

looneymom424
by on Aug. 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Dont know about you but Saturday is usually family time she may not have had a chance with things that need done over the weekend.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Aug. 25, 2013 at 6:22 AM
4 moms liked this

Well that's a bummer. Sounded like this job may have been sort of fun for you. Then again...given the pain you've been in with your knee/leg it may be a blessing too. Something will come up! Have you ever decided to promote yourself in an ad? I mean...instead of responding to others...let them come to you? Place an add for a service you can offer and see if anyone calls. Can't hurt right?

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:36 AM
7 moms liked this

Oh my. I guess what's done is done, but you may have burned a bridge there. What if she did go with someone else, but they don't work out? She may have thought to call you somewhere down the line. I've gone on a lot of interviews and received a lot of rejection letters over the years, but what I've learned is to send a follow-up thank-you for meeting with me letter, regardless of whether I felt I had a shot at the job after the interview or not. Leaving a  positive final impression can be as important as making a good first impression. Even if one particular job didn't work out, it can leave a door open in case a future job becomes available. And that happens more often than you think. Just my two cents.

coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Aug. 25, 2013 at 7:46 AM
4 moms liked this
I agree...never burn a bridge. She may not have hired you but could've referred you to someone else.

Quoting wishbearmom:

Oh my. I guess what's done is done, but you may have burned a bridge there. What if she did go with someone else, but they don't work out? She may have thought to call you somewhere down the line. I've gone on a lot of interviews and received a lot of rejection letters over the years, but what I've learned is to send a follow-up thank-you for meeting with me letter, regardless of whether I felt I had a shot at the job after the interview or not. Leaving a  positive final impression can be as important as making a good first impression. Even if one particular job didn't work out, it can leave a door open in case a future job becomes available. And that happens more often than you think. Just my two cents.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Aug. 25, 2013 at 8:17 AM
4 moms liked this
I agree with these sistets. Even though you had a gut feeling, sending the email wasn't a very wise thing to do.

Quoting maryg38:

I agree with both sisters

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I agree...never burn a bridge. She may not have hired you but could've referred you to someone else.

Quoting wishbearmom:

dancer
by Sister -lp on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

why? It was not mean or rude.

Quoting crazymom729:

I agree with these sistets. Even though you had a gut feeling, sending the email wasn't a very wise thing to do.

Quoting maryg38:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Quoting wishbearmom:

dancer
by Sister -lp on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I really doubt it.

Quoting maryg38:

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Quoting wishbearmom:

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Aug. 25, 2013 at 9:18 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't have sent that. It's like burning a bridge. I hope you find something soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)