Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TCM channel

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 271 Total Views

I have been sitting her with TCM on since I got up at 5:30 and of course being the classic movie channel it's got "ads" for all the old movies.  They used to be so epic, beautiful and well done back then...  guess that's why they are the classics.

It got me to wondering what movies today would be considered a classic 30, 40 even 50yrs from now...

What movies would you put in that category...what do you think will be classified as a classic like Gone with the Wind, The King and I, The Ten Commandments, or even in the league like Psycho?

I mean set design, costume, scripts just seemed so full of life then and the details they nailed down...

The only one I can think of at the moment would be Forrest Gump, so full of emotion, great acting etc. but I know there are others....

So what do you think would be classified a classic so many years from now and WHY??

tcm  My favorite movie channel!!!!  Love it.

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Stiletto on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Titanic???

Maida265
by Stiletto on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Or maybe...the Twilight movies????

Maida265
by Stiletto on Aug. 28, 2013 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Harry Potter???? (Although I don't really care for them....they are pretty popular)

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:01 AM

oh YES, forgot about that one...I agree

Quoting Maida265:

Titanic???

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Gone with the wind and Wizard of Oz will always be my all time favorite. I am not a movie type girl... :(

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM

OMG I can NOT believe I forgot about them... I love love and yes LOVE HP movies... good ones..

Quoting Maida265:

Harry Potter???? (Although I don't really care for them....they are pretty popular)

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

lol I wouldn't call it a classic maybe a "cult classic film" ya know the ones that are so good/bad types lol....kinda like they put The Rocky Horror in...

Quoting Maida265:

Or maybe...the Twilight movies????

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:05 AM

so true...those are true classics.  I think I'm too obsessed with movies lol..  They are my world that I immerse myself in when I want to just forget the world sometimes...

Quoting dana63:

Gone with the wind and Wizard of Oz will always be my all time favorite. I am not a movie type girl... :(

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I cant get into most movies like most can.. I would watch bits and pieces and it would lose me. I did try watching the Titanic (and I am a History buff) and couldnt watch it. My hub and I was talking about this the other day because he likes Grease and asked if I wanted to watch it and I said no because once in my lifetime was enough.... lol I guess as I age and because I dont watch TV I find my interest changing a lot!!

Quoting starlight1968:

so true...those are true classics.  I think I'm too obsessed with movies lol..  They are my world that I immerse myself in when I want to just forget the world sometimes...

Quoting dana63:

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Aug. 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

The Notebook

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)