Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

WHO IS GLAD NOT TO HAVE TO HAVE KIDS IN SCHOOL??

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 25 Replies
  • 418 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I do not miss it at all!!!

by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM
3 moms liked this

I can't say I miss it either.....but we have 2 grandchildren in school who live next door to us so we are still pretty involed with the school system.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree. It's great not to have to deal with my kids going to a public school or any school though I do have one in college.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I do miss my kids being kids, but I don't miss the school stuff... Still have one in college, but he is married and it's all on them...

Lorik1969
by Sister on Aug. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm kind of torn. I still have one in middle school and one in high school. I'm in no hurry for them to grow up and leave. On the other hand, I'm sick of the rampant paranoia and crazy parents lol!
hopealways4019
by Bronze sister on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:28 PM
I have one in college
One in 8 th grade

Had one in 6th (deceased)
One in 2nd grade

One in preschool
Im 41
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 28, 2013 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this

you are a busy momma... sorry for the loss of your child. hugz!

Quoting hopealways4019:

I have one in college
One in 8 th grade

Had one in 6th (deceased)
One in 2nd grade

One in preschool
Im 41

looneymom424
by on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I dont have any in school but stacy goes to preschool next year.

nurseangel032
by Sister on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

It just hit me that there is no end in sight for me?! LOL  My son is 25, my daughter is 23, my step kids are 11 and 9 and they came to live with us 4 years ago. This past January, I had a surprise blessing and now have a 6mos old baby boy.  ( His birthday is one day before my first son turned 25 )     So, been a mom for 25 years and have a whole lot of mothering to go through all over again!!!!!   

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 4 adult children that have kids going to school and I am pretty involved in their school.. I also have a 7 year old and I am very involved in her schol as well... I am 50 and I have what 10 more years of school and then college....

bludragon
by New sister on Aug. 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM

I've got 4 kids, ages 22/17/10/8, and I have NEVER HATED school until my kids were in it. Even when the older ones were in elementary it wasn't this bad. I have always been a promoter of the publlic school system because of the learning/socialization/athletic opportunities it afforded,but every year it continues to get worse and worse, test centerd curriculums/mandatory  standardized tests controlling your academic future/ mandatory school uniforms/crappy school lunches/not enough sleep/bullies......we got off lucky this yr spending 210-250/kid on shoes, again on uniforms, and again on supplies/book sacks, (over 700$)and that doesn't include ANY cold weather uniforms, class fees, or extra school supplies for my high schooler (they get their supply list directly from teachers on first day) or lunch money. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN