Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Which quote about books are you?

Posted by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 284 Total Views
1 mom liked this
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 30, 2013 at 1:22 PM

They all fit me to a T... But if I have to choose one, it would be #25

looneymom424
by on Aug. 30, 2013 at 5:50 PM

firelites
by Anne on Aug. 30, 2013 at 6:15 PM
2 moms liked this

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 30, 2013 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

#7, 14, 22 and this one I have...

Born with a reading list

Momofmenagerie
by Silver sister on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:10 AM
Manth
by Manth on Aug. 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I liked most of them - except the one about Kindles not having this kind of magic.  I BLESS the day a friend showed me her Kindle and let me play with it.  

I have very poor eyesight and it's gotten worse with age to the point where I can't read a standard hardback, let alone paperback.  I need large-print books - but they don't MAKE them for half the books I want to read.  Plus to have a library of large-print books you need much more room than you do for a library of paperbacks.  Not to mention that large-print books are so heavy your arms get tired long before you've read enough to satisfy the urge to read.  Yes, I can use a magnifier and it DOES help but it is so cumbersome I give up in frustration before I've read more than a few pages.

With my Kindle, it weighs less than a standard paperback.  I've got a cover for it, which opens like a book which means that it is aesthetically pleasing to read.  And I can enlarge the font as much as needed - and the font still has several settings to go which means that I can still read my Kindle even if my eyes continue to get progressively worse (although at the moment it's stable, thankfully).  So for me, my Kindle (or a similar eReader if Kindles get phased out which I can't see happening any time soon) lets me experience the magic and pleasure of reading for years longer than books have.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:01 AM

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:02 AM

books. reading. and libraries. saved my sanity when i was child.

sometimes they still do.

nooks are cool

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Aug. 31, 2013 at 2:11 AM

7,8 & 14...  I can get so wrapped up in a book I think about the characters constantly and miss them when I'm in real life!  I am particularly proud of the fact that my son (16) cleaned out a storeage closet and made a library in his bedroom closet with books from all different genres...his gf alphabetized and made a check out list for their friends.  

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Sep. 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Nice to see so many bookworms like me! I enjoy series book but when I'm done I go " Awww."  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)