Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I am old

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 276 Total Views

Do you ever feel like life is going so fast and that you cannot keep up?  I have four kids and it seems that I just cannot keep up the pace I used to.  I don't feel old but I wonder if my body is trying to tell me something.  I am not happy with getting older, do any of you ever wish that you could go back even ten years ago?

by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Aug. 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I am aging gracefully and enjoying life as it flows.

looneymom424
by on Aug. 31, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I do when I have the grandkids

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Aug. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I do but not because of my body lol..

samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Aug. 31, 2013 at 11:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I sometimes I wish I started some things earlier in my life. But generally, I am happy where I am. 

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Would give most anything to go back 10 years. Things would be different.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Sep. 1, 2013 at 2:24 AM

i do not wish i could go back. i only want to make better choices for myself going forward. luckily im not cement set in my ways. i can still get into a fitter state of being.

Manth
by Manth on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:58 AM

I don't want to go back.  I'm comfortable with the choices I made along the way.  Now some of the choices, I wish I had made SOONER, but basically I'm happy right now.  Fitter than I've been in years thanks to choices I've made recently.  Glad that my girls are happy and healthy and coming close to the end of their education (unless one of them decides to emulate their Dad and go for the PhD in which case they will be around for a while yet).  I may be turning 50 this year, but I have a whole lot of LIFE to look forward to.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 1, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Of course I wish I could go back...but since I know that can't happen I try to do the best I can each day. I'm not a stationary person and always on the go. Someone once asked if I was afraid to stop...because it would mean that I would have to give in to what my body is trying to tell me....that I'm getting older. I agreed it could be part of it, but just sitting down and wasting precious time isn't for me either.

mamamiajk
by Silver sister on Sep. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM

I am going on 60 and no I do not wish I could go back 10yrs. We live our lives and learn from experience.

firelites
by Anne on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:07 PM

I wish I had the energy i had 10 years ago

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN