Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Long distance relationships

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
  • 31 Replies
  • 488 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Ive been in a long distance relationship on and off since 2011. Ive been to see him, but he keeps saying he's comming here to san antonio,texas to see me and never comes. I have broken off the relatiionship 3 times this year, but he keeps asking me back. And Iv'e gone back. How long would you keep dealing with a relationship like this?

Andrea Isomehugs 

by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Sep. 1, 2013 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry you are going through this. DH and I were in a long distance relationship when we first started dating. We did take turns going to see each other when he wasn't off training. IMO if he keeps saying he'll come and doesn't then he's not willing to put the effort to make the relationship work.

I hope you find peace.

aisome73
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Thank Youhugs

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:04 PM
5 moms liked this

Relationships require give and take on both ends. Your giving, he's taking but that's it. Why should he change his behavior if you cave each time?

Not trying to be a hardnose here but I would forget this guy if he doesn't follow through on his actions. You deserve someone who will be as considerate of you as you are of him.

aisome73
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM

You know, your right. I give and he does take. And I do cave when he sends me songs to get me back. Now that I think about it. hugs

butzi
by Sister on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I would have been finished after the first excuse... Something is up
looneymom424
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Relationships only last if the effort to make them work are there...no matter where they are if he isnt willing to make an effort call him on it.  HUGS hope it works out for you

aisome73
by on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Thank youhugs

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Forget him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Sep. 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM
2 moms liked this

It would only take a couple times to say that it was not working. You are too special to waste your time on someone who lives far away, makes empty promises and keeps you putting your own life on hold. You have to decide if he is worth it or call it quits and find someone who treats you like a princess.

firelites
by Anne on Sep. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

if it getting old and he does not come to see you, I would scout out the local talent and put him on the back burner, so to speak

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)