Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When selling your soul seems like the only way to find success in life . .

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 221 Total Views

There is another way. I think it's called following your heart. Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson's cartoon says it all. It's the Tao of Parenting, as far as I am concerned. You'll love it!

http://zenpencils.com/comic/128-bill-watterson-a-cartoonists-advice/128. BILL WATTERSON: A cartoonist’s advice

by on Sep. 2, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
firelites
by Anne on Sep. 2, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

find the job you love and go with it

DAHLONEGAMOMMY
by ASS QUEEN on Sep. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Amen! I was always a career motivated person. I couldnt imagine ever being a stay at home mom. I felt women who stayed home and relied on husbands for their financial security were foolish. then, I had a child and gave up my job and independence to stay home with him. My ex-husband was a nightmare but I am grateful for everyday that I was able to be home with my boys. I sacrificed a lot but gained more than I could have ever imagined. My children didn't grow up in day care. I was able to take care of them myself, for their first 10 years anyway. I worked but from home. 

Now I have a job that doesn't come close to paying what I am accustomed to being paid. However, I love my job. I still have the corner office but I am not the highest on the proverbial totem pole. However, I only work 5 days a week, versus the 7 at my previous jobs. I get off work at 430 and still make enough to support my kids and myself quite nicely. Money and benefits are not the only things to consider when taking a job. It is your happiness that matters too. I have a great job even though it isn't the powerful positions I have had in the past. However, I am happy and I love going to work. I work with great people, have a beautiful office, am an executive with a gorgeous mountainside resort, and still have time to spend with my family EVERYDAY!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:37 PM

My husband has made the comment several times that a lot of today's exec's do down and dirty stuff to make things work and that is just not him...he's quit places because it goes against his grain...  You have to be good to yourself and God and things will fall into place...

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Sep. 2, 2013 at 6:44 PM

That's why we own a hobby shop... We love what we do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)