Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

fair time!

Posted by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:42 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

Anyone else bucking up for the fair? I am upset cause the dairy instructor isnt helping the kids..but I have been out to the High school farm working with her heifer most every night for showmamship practice. 

Fair starts on the 11th. Aww the early mornings are gonna kill me. Have to be out there at 5:30. Anyone want to keep me awake or going through the same thing?

by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 3, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Our state fair started last Friday. I usually try to stay FAR away from it. Idk...it just seems like a LOT of money for little of nothing. It use to be that you could have your kids have several rides for $5.00...now it's about $5.00 a ride! The venders are okay...and the entertainment is "good" IF you want to pay the additional fee for the grandstand. Back when I was a kid...you paid one admission fee and it included the grandstand entertainment. There is no family atmosphere about the fair anymore...and it's all about money. I'm always saddened at the people who are on state assistance who will spend their entire months budget on the fair and then complain after about not being able to feed their kids. Our fairs here stink!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:37 AM

Ours hasn't started yet.  It's usually end of Sept./first week of Oct. 

We try to make it every year for Sweetpea's bday.

Brooklynchic
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:45 AM

no sorry momma dont have any here in brooklyn..

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Sep. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM
We have topsfield fair coming up. I've never been. So we're going to try to make it this year.
BL2010
by BL on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I went to Topsfield once.

Quoting wildchild.com:

We have topsfield fair coming up. I've never been. So we're going to try to make it this year.

BL2010
by BL on Sep. 3, 2013 at 9:53 AM

We had a bunch and have a couple coming up in October. I usually go to one or both just because I like walking around.

puritydoll
by Bronze sister on Sep. 3, 2013 at 10:31 AM

The LA County Fair started...last weekend? Maybe it starts this week. I want to go, I love fair food...I just don't want to have to drive there.

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I shoulda been more specific. I wasnt even thinking about rides! We never do those, and since my daughter is an exhibitor , we dont have to pay to get in. Imagine that, having to pay to feed our own animals! I just wondered if there was any other FFA/4-H  mommas out there! I am already exhausted thinking about it. I havent hda a kid at the fair since 2008......I am getting old :-( 5:30 am to wash a heifer....I am usually the heifer just going to bed at that time in the AM!

maine1014
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:34 PM

We have several fairs here, but the biggest is in a few weeks, love the food, the animals, and all the exhibits, it's just a fun time

looneymom424
by on Sep. 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

They already had ours this year it was at the beginning of august

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)