Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Ariel Castro found dead in his jail cell

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM
  • 36 Replies
  • 687 Total Views

http://ktla.com/2013/09/03/cleveland-kidnapper-ariel-castro-found-dead-in-jail-cell/#axzz2dtYx79zC

Convicted Cleveland kidnapper Ariel Castro was found dead Tuesday inside his cell at the Correction Reception Center in Orient, Ohio, according to corrections officials.

JoEllen Smith of the Ohio Department of Corrections released the following statement.

Inmate Ariel Castro was found hanging in his cell this evening at 9:20 pm at the Correctional Reception Center in Orient. He was housed in protective custody which means he was in a cell by himself and rounds are required every 30 minutes at staggered intervals.  Upon finding inmate Castro, prison medical staff began performing life saving measures. Shortly after he was transported to OSUMC where he was pronounced dead at 10:52 pm. A thorough review of this incident is underway and more information can be provided as it becomes available pending the status of the investigation.

Castro, 52, was sentenced last month to life in prison plus 1,000 years in the abductions of Amanda Berry, Michelle Knight and Gina DeJesus.

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Manth
by Manth on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

At least he can't hurt anyone else, and the girls never have to face the prospect of seeing him ever again.  I don't believe he escaped punishment by doing this - he has a LOT to deal with in his next life!

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm just glad that the dd conceived from rape won't have to ever spend a moment with him and tax payers won't have to spend another penny on the pos.

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:46 AM
2 moms liked this
I have mixed feelings about this! I wish he would have suffered on earth much longer but I am glad that taxpayers don't have to foot his bill anymore!!! I am Agnostic so i am not sure about an afterlife. However I sincerely hope that a true Hell exists for this evil scumbag to rot in!!!!
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:47 AM
2 moms liked this

My first thought was regarding the child that was conceived that he was fighting to have visitation with in prison. (*I won't go so far as to say this was his daughter because in my mind...he's not.) I'm SO SO glad this will not tie courts up and waste anyones time. I'm also very happy that these 3 young ladies MIGHT be able to live a more peaceful life now. Sometimes knowing the person in jail just isn't enough. Now they are completely free of him.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I think I have mixed feeling on this. He decided to pled guilty to avoid the dealth pentality and yet he kills himself. I am glad these woman will never have to "see" this monster again but the one who had his child will have to see him daily through the little girl. I hope he rots in hell and pray his victims are at peace. RIH~

terri-553
by Terri on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

He took the easy way out,and now maybe the girls will be able to move forward,knowing he is forever away from them/anyone else,no=one else will ever be hury by him.

pinkcoffeecup
by Silver sister on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM

I heard that this morning.  Except I didn't realize it was him.  I was in the bathroom washing up for work. I hear the tv say Castro is dead.  I was thinking Fidel Castro from Cuba.  Then to see it was the one who did the kidnappings.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I think he is a coward, instead of facing life behind bars and deal with what he did he took the easy way out.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I guess we all feel the same way. 

My first words were "good he deserved it and now we don't have to pay for it." Then I was like...."wish he had suffered more." Not sure how the girls are doing or HOW they are doing it... I can not even begin to know how they are so so strong to have made it through something like what he put them through..Bless their hearts, I can only hope this brings some closure for them.

BL2010
by BL on Sep. 4, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I will admit when I heard it this morning I was thrilled. I'd like to think the he may have had some help. Sure, he was in a cell alone and checked on every 30 minutes...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)