Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

IDON'T GET IT!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM
  • 44 Replies
  • 643 Total Views

I went for a job interview on Sunday.  It was for an Irish pizza pub.  The guy says"You can be the bartender this Wednesday from 11 to 3". I saya,"Great,I can do it,no problem".  Now,ladies,today is his first day opened.  He sends me an email last night telling me that he can't offer me a job at this time. I says to my husband,"what the hell"!!!   He told me Sunday I am going to be the bartender!!!!   I wrote this guy back and asked him for an explanation,"Why am I not hired"?  So far he has not responded.  I sent this in the morning. His email had time sent 2:00 A.M. on it!  I figure he at least owes me an explanation!!! right?

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I have never heard of anyone denying you the job after it was offered...and certainly NOT by e-mail. So much could go amiss with that. What if you just showed up and told him you never got the e-mail...must have gotten lost in cyber space...or sent to the wrong addy?

Do you have a bartender license? Or is it needed? I know nothing about being a bartender except to keep the drinks going when someone is tipping good! LOL

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Bummer! 

dancer
by Sister -lp on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't need one. 

Quoting Maida265:

I have never heard of anyone denying you the job after it was offered...and certainly NOT by e-mail. So much could go amiss with that. What if you just showed up and told him you never got the e-mail...must have gotten lost in cyber space...or sent to the wrong addy?

Do you have a bartender license? Or is it needed? I know nothing about being a bartender except to keep the drinks going when someone is tipping good! LOL

BL2010
by BL on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you have bartender experience? If this was to be his opening day, maybe he didn't open. Maybe he didn't get a liquor license? Maybe someone with more experience came in?

dancer
by Sister -lp on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Yes he did get the license. He made a point of telling me he had it within a month.

Quoting BL2010:

Do you have bartender experience? If this was to be his opening day, maybe he didn't open. Maybe he didn't get a liquor license? Maybe someone with more experience came in?

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Hiccup!!!! Sorry...messed up and had to drink a few orders! hee hee

BL2010
by BL on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, so do you have bartender experience? Did he actually open today?

Quoting dancer:

Yes he did get the license. He made a point of telling me he had it within a month.

Quoting BL2010:

dancer
by Sister -lp on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Irattled off how to make alot of drinks.  I don't know if he opened today. Last night I drove by about 8"45 and there were still workmen there working.

Quoting BL2010:

Ok, so do you have bartender experience? Did he actually open today?

Quoting dancer:

Quoting BL2010:

Maxamista
by Momma's BFF on Sep. 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmm maybe he did not actually have the opening today but that wasnt professional him emailing you. 

PinkDragonFly
by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

some would prefer it. You sure need to know how to make certain drinks though... (right measurements and all).

Quoting Maida265:

SharonRevenge(ABC TV) join today

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222.     http://www.cafemom.com/group/119263       check out our lips are sealed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN