Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Lets all LoL at Jen...... didnt I sound like an idiot?!

Posted by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 259 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I called a tutoring service to request a one hour tutoring session to give my son some test taking techniques for taking the ACT.  I was told by this business that the DID offer one hour private sessions.

*side note * you may remember me posting about this place before.  Every time I called I got a different answer depending on who answered the phone.  Along with each new answer I got a HUGE up sell............. maybe Im an idiot for giving them another chance.

So, as usual, I get the run-a-round, a different answer than I got when I was there in person, AND an up sell.  I explained that the ACT is this sunday and I just wanted a one hour tutoring session this week.  I got huffy with the girl and said "Do you or do you not have this option available... it is a simple YES or NO question."  She put me on hold and came back with a yes, and scheduled the appointment.

When my son emails his coach that he will have to miss practice the coach throws a fit saying there is NO ACT on Sunday.  WTH?!  I made a mistake the ACT is Saturday the 21st!!!!  Now wouldnt you think that a company whose ENTIRE BUSINESS is teaching the ACT & SAT would know the dates of the tests and point out my mistake?

I ended up having to call back and reschedule the tutoring.

by on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Sep. 4, 2013 at 6:46 PM

My reply disapeared. :(

I think you did the right thing by setting this up for your DS. The company should have known the testing dates for the schools in your district.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM

You are living my life Jen. I have made this mistake several times. MY issue is I bought a calender that runs Mon through Sunday and not the usual Sunday through Saturday. So in my head I look at the calender and the first day SHOULD be Sunday...and the second day Monday, but NOT on this particular calender. After a few miss placed appointments I scraped that thing!

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Sep. 4, 2013 at 7:04 PM

LoL... I have had that issue too!  

I think the problem is I dont drink enough.

Quoting Maida265:

You are living my life Jen. I have made this mistake several times. MY issue is I bought a calender that runs Mon through Sunday and not the usual Sunday through Saturday. So in my head I look at the calender and the first day SHOULD be Sunday...and the second day Monday, but NOT on this particular calender. After a few miss placed appointments I scraped that thing!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Sep. 4, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Sounds like something I'd do. *HUGS*

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Well you would think they would know the dates for the schools in the area.  

I am so lost some days I have to check my phone or the TV to find out what day of the week it is LOL.

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Sep. 4, 2013 at 11:39 PM

hugs

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:10 AM
"For the schools in the area"

The SAT and ACT are given on the same day nation wide.

Quoting Snowl:

Well you would think they would know the dates for the schools in the area.  

I am so lost some days I have to check my phone or the TV to find out what day of the week it is LOL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM

That is ridiculous and unprofessional! They absolutely need to be attuned to their clients' needs and know the testing dates!

bergencounty
by Silver Sister - lp on Sep. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Now the question is, did the ACT school telephone operator pass her ACT test?

looneymom424
by on Sep. 5, 2013 at 10:17 AM

That is so unprofessional I would contact a manager or owner of that business.  Glad you are helping your son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)