Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

If you had $500........

Posted by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:56 AM
  • 27 Replies
  • 406 Total Views
1 mom liked this

If you were to get $500 and was told you could NOT spend it on NO ONE but yourself. This includes you couldnt pay bills or anything as another $500 would be provided for that.

How would you spend that $500 on yourself?

Be creative and have fun with this pamper virtual day for just you. It is after all virtual that you can dream for a minute...

** I know most of us would say that is a bit selfish if we have bills, kids or needing something BUT a mom is the last one in the family to pamper or buy for themselves. I know I am and as hard as it would be for me to spend this money on JUST me I would have to think long and hard on what I might want/need.

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok maybe a down payment on a hot tub... I need to really learn to relax. Could you find me a hot cabana boy to bring my drinks wink wink
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Wow...I just don't know. I always usually spend extra on someone else or for the household.

Okay...I would probably use part for a new hair cut/color/make over and maybe a new outfit. I can't recall the last time I bought me something NEW to wear. I may also rent a hotel room and invite a couple of my closest friends to enjoy a night of unbridled sisterhood! (no...nothing kinky) Just good friends having a few drinks and not having to go anywhere or tend to anyone but ourselves.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I just realized that this was really stretching that $500...I really think I'd need about $1000 to accomplish what I want. Gosh Dana...you are SO cheap to only give us $500!!!!! LOL

Fayanne
by Fay on Sep. 8, 2013 at 7:47 AM
1 mom liked this

an airline ticket to TN

Autumn07
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd rent a car to go see my sister in Ontario... :)

ZennMomma
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:02 AM

2 hour massage, hair cut, funky  hair color, healthy organic food and a nest egg for starting my business and getting my license tada!

ryandcas
by Sister on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Pedicure only - manicures are a waste of time on me cuz they just don't last more than a few days & a reflexology massage to start with.  A new outfit, shoes & Fossil purse that are not on the clearance rack.  Lunch at my favorite place with a couple of friends.  That should about cover it!

wissotamum
by Sister on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Hair cut and color.  Chiropractor appt.  A new interview outfit.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Sep. 8, 2013 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a hard one. I think I'd hire someone to wash my windows and do a thorough clean up in my yard.

looneymom424
by on Sep. 8, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I would buy myself clothes I always forget to buy myself anything.  Also get the tatoo that I want.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)