Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

My bank is great!

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 153 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I got an automated call from my bank yesterday. I thought it was a survey thing so I didn't rush to call them back. Boy was I surprised when I did! Seems someone in Mexico was trying to use my debit card and they stopped it.

I am very very greatful!

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW! I am glad they caught it!!!

looneymom424
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Good thing they caught it you would be out some cash.

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:04 PM

good! I've had something like that happen once before..My bank caught it also.

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM

According to fraud protection it was 2 purchases of less then $5 in Connecticut and then $30 and $500 in Mexico. All of those charges were denied. That card is cancelled and I will be getting a new one. Thankfully it was only my checking account card and I have all the alerts turned on!

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Wow. That's great.

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Sorry that this happened to you..I never thought these types of scams happened until someone cleaned me out and I was in the middle of closing on my house, thank God Bank of America returned the money too me within two or three days I believe, it was several years ago, so I do know these things happen, uuuuugh.. just not right!!! They would not tell me about the investigation either.. I never heard anything about it..who & why..were they proscecuted, still unclear..

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM

That is terrible. I asked the bank if they knew how my number got picked up they said it was probably at a local merchant. I am super super careful. I even ask if they can delete the card swipe machine!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Sorry that this happened to you..I never thought these types of scams happened until someone cleaned me out and I was in the middle of closing on my house, thank God Bank of America returned the money too me within two or three days I believe, it was several years ago, so I do know these things happen, uuuuugh.. just not right!!! They would not tell me about the investigation either.. I never heard anything about it..who & why..were they proscecuted, still unclear..

Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Sep. 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Yes it was, and I so happened to check our account that morning that's how I discovered it.(Good that you were called) I was just too happy to get my money back in time to purchase our home.. Yeah.. 

Quoting Snowl:

That is terrible. I asked the bank if they knew how my number got picked up they said it was probably at a local merchant. I am super super careful. I even ask if they can delete the card swipe machine!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

wenuck
by Moonshine on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Great to hear I wish my bank would of done the same! This happen to me last month and it sucks!! But my bank gave all my money back. And I have a new card and all. I check my account everyday now!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by Snookims on Sep. 10, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Sorry that happened but glad they were on top of things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)