Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Praying That One Of Those Days...

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 97 Total Views

doesn't turn into one of those weeks. Yesterday was the Mother of all Mondays. (See previous post.) Then this morning I noticed my washing machine is leaking. And my Boston Terrier made a huge mess by chewing through a bag of grass clippings. Silly me, I thought tying it closed would be a deterrent. She's this close to having a free to good home sign hung around her neck ; ) I'm getting the impression that she doesn't like that I've been working so many hours. When I first started working from home Hannah broke a bottle of fuschia nail polish all over my heated ceramic tile bathroom floor (and the wall, and the door). This kind of feels like the same thing. Yesterday she peed all over my bed, clear through to the mattress and even got my pillow.

by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Snowl
by Snowl :) on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM

She is really upset it seems. Do you have a crate you could put her in? That is what I used to do with our dog when she was fiesty. I always made sure she could see me or she would whine and howl.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I do have a crate, and I use it whenever I leave the house. I hate to use it while I'm working because I like it when my dogs can come in and "check on me". My older dog often sleeps at my feet in the bed under my desk. Tess, though, has been a stink bug since I started this long work stretch with overtime.

Quoting Snowl:

She is really upset it seems. Do you have a crate you could put her in? That is what I used to do with our dog when she was fiesty. I always made sure she could see me or she would whine and howl.

looneymom424
by on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:57 PM

The dog wants attention and when we work they dont get what they want...so they are being butts.

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I understand but maybe she will get the hint it she sees the other dogs out and being nice?  **hugs**

Quoting wishbearmom:

I do have a crate, and I use it whenever I leave the house. I hate to use it while I'm working because I like it when my dogs can come in and "check on me". My older dog often sleeps at my feet in the bed under my desk. Tess, though, has been a stink bug since I started this long work stretch with overtime.

Quoting Snowl:

ALolies
by 'Lil Feather' H.A. on Sep. 10, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugz!

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Kurt swears dog thought processes aren't that sophisticated, but it really seems like she's throwing tantrums from boredom and lack of attention to me. She knows how to whine when she needs to go out, and she has plenty of dog toys to amuse her in my backyard (plus she was with Rocco). I seriously think she was throwing her version of a doggy tantrum both by peeing on my bed and by chewing through and making a mess of the bag of grass clippings.

Quoting looneymom424:

The dog wants attention and when we work they dont get what they want...so they are being butts.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Oh no. That will NOT happen. Yesterday my neighbor's little terrier broke through my fence and came through my yard (you think he'd eventually learn, but he doesn't), and poor little guy was cornered by my 2 dogs. I wouldn't call either of them aggressive, but they will defend their own territory from perceived intruders, be it another dog, a cat, a squirrel, even a skunk. My yard is completely fenced so they can't get out, but Fatty (poor unfortunate name for a dog) has found a way to chew through and get into my yard, and despite both my and my neighbor's best efforts, he still manages to find a way to get out of his yard and into mine. I worry more when my neighbor is gone and she has house and dogsitters that are not aware of his tendencies. On more than one occasion I've run after him when he was in the middle of the street and used my own dog leashes to tie him up either in front of their house or behind their back gate.

Quoting Snowl:

I understand but maybe she will get the hint it she sees the other dogs out and being nice?  **hugs**

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting Snowl:

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Oh poor Fatty LOL. The only other thing I can think of is maybe keep her on a leash near you? I'm not sure if that will distract you from working though. Does she go for runs or anything to tire her out?

Quoting wishbearmom:

Oh no. That will NOT happen. Yesterday my neighbor's little terrier broke through my fence and came through my yard (you think he'd eventually learn, but he doesn't), and poor little guy was cornered by my 2 dogs. I wouldn't call either of them aggressive, but they will defend their own territory from perceived intruders, be it another dog, a cat, a squirrel, even a skunk. My yard is completely fenced so they can't get out, but Fatty (poor unfortunate name for a dog) has found a way to chew through and get into my yard, and despite both my and my neighbor's best efforts, he still manages to find a way to get out of his yard and into mine. I worry more when my neighbor is gone and she has house and dogsitters that are not aware of his tendencies. On more than one occasion I've run after him when he was in the middle of the street and used my own dog leashes to tie him up either in front of their house or behind their back gate.

Quoting Snowl:

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting Snowl:

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM

She is a flat-nosed Boston Terrier, so running affects her breathing, but she and my other dog (who is purportedly part Boston) tussle and tire each other out all the time. They are always chasing each other around the yard and in the house. I actually got her for him because he needed a playmate. Okay, and I fell in love with her ; )

Quoting Snowl:

Oh poor Fatty LOL. The only other thing I can think of is maybe keep her on a leash near you? I'm not sure if that will distract you from working though. Does she go for runs or anything to tire her out?

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting Snowl:

Quoting wishbearmom:

Quoting Snowl:

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel that way too. It seems like mine all go bad at the same time, then everything clears up, but only for a little while. They really can be a lot of extra unnecessary work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)