Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

My Friends AKA Merry Maids

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 153 Total Views
4 moms liked this

A bunch of my friends have spent the last 2 days cleaning my  house and rearranging my furniture for better handicap access. If I need a wheelchair then my home will be clean and ready. My son is going to move my bedroom to the first floor where I used to have it. So even if the worst comes then it will be ok. I had decided on school of choice and love the school but it is in a different town. I called and they finally came back and told me if I am no longer able to drive they will transport the girls to school so will not have to change schools! They rock. I have spent time arranging my bils to be autopaid and now just have to do my Advance Directive for my health care and the temporary guardianship of my two little girls. They are staying with my oldest daughter. I am trying to be prepared and nott leave an awful mess. I have a coworker who really needs new housing right now and am trying to convince her to house sit. It will all fall into place...I know it. It is falling into place even though I did not have much time.

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Sep. 13, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

What good friends you have...........you are very organized, huggs.

Fayanne
by Fay on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

wow, what a blessing to have so many helping out !

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow you have some wonderful friends. I'll be praying for you.(((hugs)))
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:34 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm so happy to hear you have great support around you now and glad you are trusting everything will fall into place. You're right, the girls' school does rock! Keeping you in my prayers that all will be better soon.

looneymom424
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am glad you have the support you need

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Sep. 13, 2013 at 7:57 PM

They are great we played Pink "I'm Niot Dead Yet" ful blast, they teased me about being a drunken ballerina and we laughed and they straightened out the hell I made when things went bad so long ago...for a longtime I fet so alone because I was bearing all of my issues alone not telling anyone because I was so sure I was going crazy. I am definititely not alone and they are not letting anyone near me who would piss me off like my boss who just annoys me with phone calls at 9 pm that I refuse to answer. I told her I was too sick for visitors lol. Hey it is not really a lie...I have to sit or lie down a lot and she would cause me to murder her because she is sooooo annoying...

BL2010
by Just Me on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you and great that everyone is chipping in and helping you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Robin...you are not only beautiful, but so very smart and resourceful. I'm so glad to hear about your friends and support you are getting. That surely makes things so much better. As for wanting thing prepared either way...I'm not even going to think about anything except your full recovery. Do you hear me??? Nothing else is in the plans!!!!!

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I am too mean and ornery to give up...I have many reasons to be here even if it might be a fight to regain what I have lost. I have found out so much about myself in these last couple days and it has surprised me how much inner strength you can have when you need, I have yet to feel any panic just a need to  get it taken care of. I am truly blessed in this lifetime.

Quoting Maida265:

Robin...you are not only beautiful, but so very smart and resourceful. I'm so glad to hear about your friends and support you are getting. That surely makes things so much better. As for wanting thing prepared either way...I'm not even going to think about anything except your full recovery. Do you hear me??? Nothing else is in the plans!!!!!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Sep. 13, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

hugs....so glad everything is falling into place for you..the less to have to deal with the better it will be and you can concentrate on YOU...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)