Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What Browser

Posted by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:07 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 673 Total Views
1 mom liked this

do you generally use? I am required to use IE for work, but my online university job required Firefox, so I tend to use it the most, or I DID until I contracted the Trojans on my work computer last week and was directed by Kaspersky tech support to a remote site which ended up costing me a lot of money for an expensive remote tech fix and the installation of Microsoft Essentials. Ever since they "fixed" my laptop, Firefox, despite the fact that I have popup blocker on, slams me with noisy video ads on my home page and on Cafemom, one after another. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox, and if that doesn't work, I'm either going to Chrome or calling tech support (since I am paying for it) and asking them what the heck is going on!

by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this
IE at home and IE and sometimes Chrome at work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I use IE and sometimes I have to open up Google Chrome depending how CM is working and what I need for class.

Manth
by Manth on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM

I mostly use Chrome and I like it a lot better than IE.  I still have IE on my computer - DH likes it better so that's the browser he mostly uses when he uses my computer.  

I don't care about noisy popups - my PC doesn't have built-in speakers, so I use external ones which have an 'off' switch.  Unless I'm watching something where I particularly want sound, such as a music clip, I keep them off.  Much easier!  Pop-ups are still annoying (although they seem to happen less frequently with Chrome) but I don't have to hear them.

Brooklynchic
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

internet explorer...

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I use Chrome on my PC

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Sep. 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM

You're lucky! My job requires that I spend my day wearing a headset. The popups are startling!

Quoting Manth:

I mostly use Chrome and I like it a lot better than IE.  I still have IE on my computer - DH likes it better so that's the browser he mostly uses when he uses my computer.  

I don't care about noisy popups - my PC doesn't have built-in speakers, so I use external ones which have an 'off' switch.  Unless I'm watching something where I particularly want sound, such as a music clip, I keep them off.  Much easier!  Pop-ups are still annoying (although they seem to happen less frequently with Chrome) but I don't have to hear them.

atlmom2
by Susie on Sep. 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Firefox
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
looneymom424
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

I use google because I like it.  But to play some of the facebook games I have to use IE...isnt that strange.

Fayanne
by Fay on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Explorer. Tried Firefox and just seemed to have problems with it, but Dexter swears by it.

daisybelle1960
by on Sep. 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Chrome
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN