Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Juror duty

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:16 AM
  • 18 Replies
  • 282 Total Views
1 mom liked this
Ever been called? I have never been called.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope and wont because I am exempt for life.. No not because of a criminal record... LOL

bhow
by Silver sister on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Once, and after all of us sitting there for over an hour, somebody finally came in to court room and told us there would be no proceedings that day due to illness.  Really?  They couldn't have told us that sooner?  Not many of us were thrilled.  The court room was freezing that morning.  Oh well.  We got "paid". LOL

Manth
by Manth on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I was called twice.

The first time, I sat in the jury room all day reading a book and sipping my tea - no juries were empanelled while I was called so I never got on a jury.

The second time I was called was after my depression diagnosis.  I didn't think I would be able to cope with a jury, both because of the depression (which was pretty bad at the time) and because the meds I take for it sometimes leave me spacey and unable to focus.  I wrote an explanation letter to the person in charge of the jury with reference to my doctor and the medication I was on and I was excused.

connie45
by Sister on Sep. 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Every other year like clockwork. But have always ended up being initially selected questioned by the attorneys and then excused because my father, brothers, sister in law and several cousins are all LAPD officers.
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Yes, I have served on a civil case. It was a malpractice case. Interesting, but boring!!

dancer
by Sister -lp on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM

yes,I got done with mine last month.  They find you through the DMV if you drive or through voting if you vote.

BL2010
by Snookims on Sep. 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I've been called for jury duty many times. Last time I was called I had to get a dr's note to exempt me from getting called again.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I have never been called, but my two oldest kids have. One was in Iraq at the time and got out of it. I told him to tell his commander he had jury duty and needed to go home. lol

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I was once. But wasn't chosen.

looneymom424
by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Yes I was called I told them I think everyone arrested is guilty got me out of it easy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)