Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

funny reunion story - my mom

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 173 Total Views

My mom had her 50th high school reunion this past weekend.  At the friday night cocktail party she saw two of her really close girlfriends talking to a third woman she didnt recognize.  She went over to say hi.  Her two girl friends gave her serious warning looks but she didnt pick up on it until it was too late.

She walked up and said hi, recognized the third woman's name and enthusiastically greeted her.  My mom said she didntremember the girl graduating with them and asked if she had moved.  The girl said 'I was hoping I would see you.  I was sick back then and the doctors had me on some strong medicine.  I bumped into between classes sophomore year and said something mean to you that I regret.  But you said something mean back to me that really hurt my feelings.  I dropped out of school and have had years of therapy.  I was hoping to see you so I could tell you how badly you hurt me.' 

WTF?!?!?!  (note I rarely ever use the F... but in this case it is warranted!)

What a lunatic!  My mother was so taken back all she could do was say Im sorry.  She never did find out what she said. 

by on Sep. 16, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:09 PM

wow 50 YEARS and she still wanted your mom to know she hurt her... 

So who was it that said "stick and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me?" 

WOW... crazy yes but wow...

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I think she needs to go back to therapy if she's still holding on to something 50 years later
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 16, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Well, I hope she can at least get a refund on the therapy! This would be really funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

BL2010
by BL on Sep. 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Oh my.. She's suffered all these years and still isn't over it. I would have loved to have known what was said that it caused her all these years of hurt..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN