Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I let a good one get away!!

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 135 Total Views

Little back ground info.  James and I were together on and off for 4 years.  In 2011 he left me for his ex girlfriend and married her shortly after.  I was destroyed but life goes on.  A few months later I met Mike. He too has just come out of something similar and to be honest I thought it was just going to be something, like and please forgive the expression, that we were just going to lick each other wounds for a while.  Well, I was wrong and it turned into a nice relationship.  Both of us still working thru out haunts, nevertheless i nice relationship.  Within a short time he gave me keys to his home and we were semi cohabitation between his home in the suburbs and my parents house in the city.  My friends and family were thrilled that I had met such a nice man and vice versa.

Well, all was good until James returned last summer.  He was sooo sorry and wanted to reconcile.  After a few weeks I decided to follow my heart and broke up with Mike.  James and I moved in together and true to form everything was wonderful in the beginning.  Well the honeymoon didn't last and we broke up a few weeks ago.

Mke and I has stayed in touch over the year but I never told him about James.  Me made it known that he was still interested up until a few weeks ago.  I decided to reach out to him this week via text and have not gotten a response.  I guess he met someone.  I could kick myself for leaving a nice guy to go back to that trash!! Following your heart is not always the right thing to do.  I can't say that i was in love with Mike since I was so hurt still from James, but think in time I would have been.  Any woman would be crazy not to be. 

Sorry just needed to vent.  But I really do hope Mike met a nice women, he deserves that.  I had my chance a blew

by on Sep. 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tnwp21
by Starchild on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't feel too bad, alot of us have those stories.  Every time you think of the one that got away, send love and light to him and let it go....maybe life will surprise you or send something better!?

help1027
by Sister on Sep. 19, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Thanks I will take you advise.

terri-553
by Terri on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Mr,Right just hasn;t come along yet,But he will

Brooklynchic
by on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

awww hugs momma!! relationships sure arent easy.. and like you said when you follow your heart sometimes the other person dosent deserve it. move on momma as best as you can   someone else will come along

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Sep. 20, 2013 at 7:21 AM

I'm sorry. I think this happens a lot but others often don't want to admit it was a mistake. Time to take care of yourself for a bit...and then Mr. Right will come along.

BL2010
by BL on Sep. 20, 2013 at 8:07 AM

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Take some time for YOU now. The right man will come along when you least expect him. No need to rush into another relationship. It's time to concentrate on you and what you want and enjoy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)