Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Beauty

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 155 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I would not consider myself well traveled, but I have traveled a little bit. For me places like the redwood forest, the smokie mountains, flat irons, Vermont, and now that I've seen it I will add southern Illinois is much prettier than any beach I've been too ( not including the one by the red woods).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I prefer the white, sandy, squeaky beaches. If I ever have the money I'd love to tour different sands like the pink sands of Bermuda. I've seen the black sands of Aruba.

I adore the beaches much more than mountains but I can appreciate the Smoky Mountains too. Last time I was there I stayed in a lovely home but it was in a hallow. That meant less light. We enjoyed it but I got a little depressed at having so much less light.

looneymom424
by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I agree southern IL is beautiful but southern MO is beautiful also...

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I haven't been through southern Illinois, but I'm game for just about anyplace. I agree the beach area near the Redwoods is beautiful, but would love a little more warmth like so cal beaches. My favorite places are mountainous areas, as there is something about the mountain scented air I prefer.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Sep. 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I will say in the mountains I had less allergy issues but I still prefer the beach.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Sep. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM

You haven't been to the right beaches!  lol

Although I will say that I've seen so many sights in my travels, I am constantly reminded of just how much beauty there is in the world.

tnwp21
by Starchild on Sep. 25, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Ohio in the fall will always be special in my heart, the colorful leaves everywhere, cool whether, college football, hot cider, bonfires in the country and friends and family....The most beautiful things to me.

Go Buckeyes (Ohio State)

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:27 AM

For me I find peace at the beach which is much more then just a view. The beach I go to is a wildlife reserve, no buildings and most of the time no people...I can sit for hours and not see a soul, just wildlife and water!

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Sep. 25, 2013 at 7:33 AM

then again is all in memories or meaning... My sister LOVES the mountains because she was raised there...she has a lot of memories wrapped up in them.. She is also crazy about fall...I get very down in the fall... I HATE to see summer go...it takes me a until Feb. to start feeling better. This year I'm trying to not get so down...but yesterday while at the Dr's with my sister...they scheduled an appointment for her in Nov.. and I yelled out loud before I could think about it...I was shocked they were saying Nov.!! I hate it. WHERE DID THIS YEAR GO?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)