Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Debate question: 9/27 New/old game (warning)

Posted by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:47 AM
  • 12 Replies
  • 200 Total Views

There is a new/old game that is still going around that is killing our teenagers. Its the hanging game, what happens is the teen will "hang" themselves long enough to cut off the oxygen to the brain leaving the teen "high" and feeling good about what the teen did. Some teens are doing this game without aide of anyone around and it messes up and they will end up dying.

The signs of this game is a bruise around the teens neck that they want to cover up, and raspy voice.

How do we stop our children from these dangerous games? This isnt the only game that they play another one is soaking a tampon in Volka and inserting in the behind to get that "high" without the actually effects. How do we as parents stop this from killing our teens?

Thoughts?

Ladies, I had a similar thing happen to me but it was not due to my control. I ran into a steel wire clothes line one night when I was running from someone and it could have killed me. Lucky for me it just slit my throat a bit (not enough for stitches) and I was bruised for weeks and I lost my voice.

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Brooklynchic
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

omg   wtf is going on with our kids today???? ive heard about the hanging game years back   but this tampon thing is new to me!! god help this generation....

very sad momma very sad!!

Lori942
by UMMMMM....... on Sep. 27, 2013 at 6:54 AM

Never heard of the tampon/vodka game...scary not to mention disturbing! 
I have two teens and whenever I hear about these games teens are playing I talk and talk their ears off about how dangerous it is!  I just pray and hope that they listen and continue to make good choices. 

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I know we can't be everywhere they go but like Lori942 I talked my daughter's ears off and also her friends... My daughter was and is more of a home body so it was not really an issue of not knowing where she was or what she was doing.....I think some just have to much freedom and not enough parental guidance. aren't most of these children young teens?? Where are the parents? even when my daughter went to someone's house their was a parent there.

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Having a teen at home makes me be aware of these crazy games. This makes me sad that teens have to do these things to feel good.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on Sep. 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM

When I read about these type things, I can't stop wondering WHO the hell thought them up ? It sickens me that some idiot tried it and then can share it through the internet(yes I know other ways also) . Then teens read it or see it on youtube or some where and actually try it. I think all we can do is keep talking to our children.

looneymom424
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Wow some teens just have too much time on their hands.  I never heard of the tampon one I have heard of the hanging game.  Thank god my kids never tried them.  Hopefully someone will talk to these teens and explain that is not a good thing.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I've heard about both and honest to God, it seems to me that by the time they are teenagers they should have enough common sense to not hang themselves or do drugs. Like my mom did with me and I constantly did with my kids as they were young, I wouldn't let them have anything around their neck for fear of something happening to them. That should be instilled in their minds until they have kids of their own without me having to say another word. Yikes!

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Parents have to be involved. I have seen interviews with parents that said they had no idea and had never heard of this. That is the main reason I have been on the interneat as long as I have. I want to know what is going on with kids. We talked very openly with our kids about these things. I may not have known everything going around to temp my kids, but I knew enough to know what questions to ask. And I darn sure would have noticed bruises on my kids. Too many parents are just content that the children are not a bother to them and let them run around doing god knows what.

KW1280
by Silver sister on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Sometimes I think a demented adult comes up w/ this crap to spread around

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

When I read about these type things, I can't stop wondering WHO the hell thought them up ? It sickens me that some idiot tried it and then can share it through the internet(yes I know other ways also) . Then teens read it or see it on youtube or some where and actually try it. I think all we can do is keep talking to our children.

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Everytime I hear something crazy about what kids are doing I ask my 18 yr old. He said the tampon thing sounds bogus but he knew kids who did the strangulation thing.  

That is one reason I am adamant about his computer being in the family room instead of his bedroom. I have all his passwords to access his accounts at ANY time. He knows this and also knows privacy will start when he pays rent or moves out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN