Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Let's Chat... What's on your mind today?

Posted by   + Show Post

Good Morning!

Let's chat.. What's on your mind this morning??? Dont worry you can vent in this post, talk, ebate and even kick the grass or just come in to say HOWDY!!

Have a cup of coffee/tea/soda/juice/water/milk/sippy cup and join us...

What's on your mind today?

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:25 AM
Replies (21-30):
samomama
by Hurricane on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Good morning my girls! :)

I just want to wish you all a good day. Then I am going offline and work on my paper. At noon a have a yoga class, then work till 4 again. This afternoon I am taking DS to the library, to the grocery store,... and hopefully put something together for dinner.

Laters! hugs

Maida265
by Stiletto on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I just had the BEST time with my dd and Scott when we went out today!

looneymom424
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Fighting with Stacy about coloring the barbie dolls boy I dont miss those days with my girls.  I won I think...she is coloring the color book now.  I take her to get her shot while she is here joy joy...

ALolies
by 'Lil Feather' H.A. on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM

I will be glad when 6pm gets here. We are having dinner with my Step Dad.

pasteeater_too
by Mrs. Jeter on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I'm just wondering if this gov't shut down would effect the DA from collecting my child support.

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Sounds like my life. Legally seperated about a year and a half. Bank took the house - long story - looking for a job since February and am disliking he term "over qualified".   **hugs**

Quoting idunno1234:

Its October 1st and I can't pay my rent or put heating oil in my tank.

I need a job but that need means absolutely nothing to potential employers.  I'm 53, was out of the job market for too long raising my kids and now I'm obsolete when there is so much for employers to choose from. 

Divorce, losing my house, having to move.....nothing has crushed me like my recent experiences in this job market.

idunno1234
by Sister on Oct. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hugs right back at ya.

My job saga is almost beyond belief....one ridiculous thing after another after another. 

I worked regularly since I was 11.  When still in school, I had two different jobs.  When I graduated, I got every job I interviewed for, including ones I had no experience in.  It was so easy.  Almost fun....lets see what I want to be today type fun.

Now.....there's not one thing fun about it.  I've worked as a dishwasher for $8.50/hr (laid off because their nightime business was slow), in customer service processing purchase orders (full time, for higher wage than I thought possible, opportunity to learn new skills, small growing company....then they laid me off after 3 1/2 months wihtout warning, eventually got rid of the whole department and now its a black mark on my sparse after children resume), had a job offer pulled out from under me when a more qualified person came along.....it just goes on and on, like some sort of neverending horror flick.

We gotta keep on keeping on.  There IS a job out there with our names on it! 

Quoting Snowl:

Sounds like my life. Legally seperated about a year and a half. Bank took the house - long story - looking for a job since February and am disliking he term "over qualified".   **hugs**

Quoting idunno1234:

Its October 1st and I can't pay my rent or put heating oil in my tank.

I need a job but that need means absolutely nothing to potential employers.  I'm 53, was out of the job market for too long raising my kids and now I'm obsolete when there is so much for employers to choose from. 

Divorce, losing my house, having to move.....nothing has crushed me like my recent experiences in this job market.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

If I told you what was on my mind you'd run the other way!

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I have a dr appointment tomorrow for my fibro. I haven't had a flair in over a year, until last Friday I feel as though I have been beat with a baseball bat. I a little nervous.

honeygram4
by Sister on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Trying to decide my future... what should I be when I grow up??? lol... dh wants me to continue to pursue college, told me he don't care if it takes me 10 years to earn a 2 year degree... but I don't know if I want to try again, or if I want another job or both... dh works and makes good money but I can see where if I worked it would help, but if I don't work we will be ok... too much to think about!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)