Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Microchip Implant (Disclaimer in RED)

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
  • 47 Replies
  • 739 Total Views

I have seen several posts that the government will issue that everyone get a microchip implant this year. I will not cite any of them as I am not sure of their authenticity. And am not sure if this is for real or drama. 

But it does make me wonder how you all feel about it. I personally feel like they can already keep up with me through my cell phone. Why do we even need a microchip? I for one will fight it tooth and nail!!!

Disclaimer: I do not necessarily belive this (at least in our lifetime). Let's not worry about if it is true or not. This post is strictly about opinion only to see how you all feel about it IF it were to actually happen. Please don't get too technical to worry about sources and/or the reality of it. Just have fun with it and let us know how you'd feel about it...

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM
9 moms liked this

I think it's the tweakers with tin foil on their windows who start these rumors. If they want to keep track of me, all they have to do is follow my debit card transactions.

1kidmomajm
by Kristy on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM
6 moms liked this

No it's not true. But I don't see why we cant microchip sex offenders.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:10 PM

That's a good idea...

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this
This is a rumor....so be calm mama
wagners7
by Sister on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:02 PM
1 mom liked this

No it is not true, but I wouldn't have a problem with.  I microchip my pets in case they get lost.  If I were abducted or kidnapped, I like to think I could be found-hopefully alive, but if not atleast found.  Same with my kids, if they went missing it would be better to track them, than a phone that is turned off or tossed out.    I don't go anywhere secretively so I don't have a problem with anyone knowing where I am at.  If we were able to track criminals better, I would be all for that.  Could make blood typing quicker in emergencies, maybe keep medical data quickly accessale.  I'm sure there would be those that abuse it for some mis use, but I would be open to explore the possibilities.  

BL2010
by Just Me on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Oh my.... That's been going around for a while no. If anyone wants to be able to keep track of me all they have to do is ask me. lol

KW1280
by Silver sister on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I said that once in a forum and got chewed out. I do agree

Quoting 1kidmomajm:

KW1280
by Silver sister on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Where you August 12, 2001 lol. Just kidding

Quoting BL2010:

Oh my.... That's been going around for a while no. If anyone wants to be able to keep track of me all they have to do is ask me. lol

tnwp21
by Starchild on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:28 PM

No thank you, where would they get off telling me what to do with my body, if they can overlook so many things, they can overlook me when handing out that awful chip.

YUCK!!!

Land of the free home of the Brave!!!!

sticking out tongue

tnwp21
by Starchild on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Me too and they probably do, but my life really isn't that interesting.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I think it's the tweakers with tin foil on their windows who start these rumors. If they want to keep track of me, all they have to do is follow my debit card transactions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)