Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Microchip Implant (Disclaimer in RED)

Posted by   + Show Post

I have seen several posts that the government will issue that everyone get a microchip implant this year. I will not cite any of them as I am not sure of their authenticity. And am not sure if this is for real or drama. 

But it does make me wonder how you all feel about it. I personally feel like they can already keep up with me through my cell phone. Why do we even need a microchip? I for one will fight it tooth and nail!!!

Disclaimer: I do not necessarily belive this (at least in our lifetime). Let's not worry about if it is true or not. This post is strictly about opinion only to see how you all feel about it IF it were to actually happen. Please don't get too technical to worry about sources and/or the reality of it. Just have fun with it and let us know how you'd feel about it...

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
BL2010
by BL on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:35 PM

lol... Well, that was a Sunday and we were spending the weekend in New Hampshire. Headed home to Massachusetts about 6:00pm. :)

Quoting KW1280:

Where you August 12, 2001 lol. Just kidding

Quoting BL2010:

Oh my.... That's been going around for a while no. If anyone wants to be able to keep track of me all they have to do is ask me. lol

letstalk747
by Joyful on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:37 PM

it better just be drama

KW1280
by Silver sister on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this
lol:-)

Quoting BL2010:

lol... Well, that was a Sunday and we were spending the weekend in New Hampshire. Headed home to Massachusetts about 6:00pm. :)

Quoting KW1280:

Where you August 12, 2001 lol. Just kidding

Quoting BL2010:

Oh my.... That's been going around for a while no. If anyone wants to be able to keep track of me all they have to do is ask me. lol

RoseWall
by RoseWall on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

they'd probably have to strap me down...

or wait til im sleeping..

wait..eye rolling

i did find a new wierd and painful "bump" on one side of my neck this morning...

i thought it was a zit, ingrown hair, or an infected insect bite.

uhmmmmm. now im wondering...going crazy

PinkButterfly66
by Sister on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:37 PM
2 moms liked this

This is a hoax.  The monitoring that the bill is talking about is for medical devices, including implanted ones like fibulators, artificial knees, stents, etc. so that the manufacturers can track down people who have them in the event of a recall.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

ugh I've heard of it but no thank you...I cringe at the thought of anything artificial in my body.  Now, that said lol we did microchip Pickles...she likes to "dart" and we are afraid of losing her running out the door or something...

Joyzap2003
by Sister on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I have conflicting thoughts on this subject.  On one hand I would not be comfortable with the government being able to watch my every move.  On the other hand it would be easier to find and identify a missing person.

Manth
by Manth on Oct. 2, 2013 at 3:42 AM
1 mom liked this

It's a hoax that's been going around for a while.  See http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/microchip.asp  for more details!

Joyzap2003
by Sister on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:39 AM

It's a hoax now but it could happen sometime in the future.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 2, 2013 at 4:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My dh brought this subject up the other day. Makes you wonder if it will ever happen. The other thing I thing our gov't would like to use are drones. They can get a lot of intelligence on activity with those things. We also have areas here with cameras on every single traffic light, which I think is kind of creepy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)