Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Welcome new sisters to 40ish and beyond....Please introduce yourself here..10/4

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to 40ish and beyond! Please start by posting a introduction so we can get to know you better. 40ish and beyond has many different topic from menopause to being a step parenting, sex after 40ish, raising grandchildren, and health questions. If there is a topic you would like to see more of please let us know or create a post with the topic. We are a non bashing group and we want your time with us to be a welcoming one and one that we can support you, make you laugh or find a sister or two to chat with.

Again welcome to the sisterhood...

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Replies (11-17):
ChristinaR
by Sister on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Really, what hospital, both of mine were methodist at the medical center... wow, thats funny, i loved love loooooooooooooved it, i wish, i would move back in a heartbeat, but its hard now.. lol. ohh well....  thank you, he was young, so, it was shocking, looking forward on joining your site :)

Quoting dana63:

Welcome! My twins were born in San Antonio but I still live in TX (not SA..lol). How did you like Switzerland? I loved in Germany for 3 years and loved it! I am sorry about the passing of your father.. Welcome again and jump right in and join in on the conversations! :)

Quoting ChristinaR:

i my name is christina , i am ehem 42 , iiikes, i was born in san antonio tx, lived there for 5 years, then moved to switzerland , no , no army brat, lived there for 15 years, then after my dad had passed away, moved back to the states with my mom... i have 2 kids, age 10 and my son just turned 14 yesterday.. :( right now , i live in berea, but hope to move back to san antonio , soon, nothing against kentucky, just not having family sucks

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My twins were born in Bexer county hospital... Looking forward to chatting with you in the group! :)

Quoting ChristinaR:

Really, what hospital, both of mine were methodist at the medical center... wow, thats funny, i loved love loooooooooooooved it, i wish, i would move back in a heartbeat, but its hard now.. lol. ohh well....  thank you, he was young, so, it was shocking, looking forward on joining your site :)

Quoting dana63:

Welcome! My twins were born in San Antonio but I still live in TX (not SA..lol). How did you like Switzerland? I loved in Germany for 3 years and loved it! I am sorry about the passing of your father.. Welcome again and jump right in and join in on the conversations! :)

Quoting ChristinaR:

i my name is christina , i am ehem 42 , iiikes, i was born in san antonio tx, lived there for 5 years, then moved to switzerland , no , no army brat, lived there for 15 years, then after my dad had passed away, moved back to the states with my mom... i have 2 kids, age 10 and my son just turned 14 yesterday.. :( right now , i live in berea, but hope to move back to san antonio , soon, nothing against kentucky, just not having family sucks

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Hi Christina and welcome to the group. Make yourself comfy and jump in on any conversation or start your own. Have fun

Quoting ChristinaR:

ChristinaR
by Sister on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you

Quoting BL2010:

Hi Christina and welcome to the group. Make yourself comfy and jump in on any conversation or start your own. Have fun

Quoting ChristinaR:

honeygram4
by Sister on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:41 AM

I've posted a bit here and there and love the group, you guy always answer my questions when I post and some of the other posts are funny and entertaining, even informative... so here is my question:

Are there any other STEP granma's out there?? That is one of my biggest struggles, want to not feel alone I guess!! Did not raise my sd's, so not really a step parent, they were over 18 when we got together. I just hate that even his family is all "one day you will have grandkids" and I feel like the boys ARE my grandkids... but at the same time I don't feel that I am to be mommy's beck and call babysitter either...lol

so, any one else in my shoes???

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Welcome and yes as a matter of fact I am a step grandma to one out of 10 grandchildren and Abby is treated just like my own. She is my daughters husband child and although I dont agree with the situation I will never allow that to hurt my relationship with my sweet girl. Abby calls me grandma like the other kids and we go see her when my DD and SIL have her.

Quoting honeygram4:

I've posted a bit here and there and love the group, you guy always answer my questions when I post and some of the other posts are funny and entertaining, even informative... so here is my question:

Are there any other STEP granma's out there?? That is one of my biggest struggles, want to not feel alone I guess!! Did not raise my sd's, so not really a step parent, they were over 18 when we got together. I just hate that even his family is all "one day you will have grandkids" and I feel like the boys ARE my grandkids... but at the same time I don't feel that I am to be mommy's beck and call babysitter either...lol

so, any one else in my shoes???

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)