Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

It's That Time Of Year

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 292 Total Views

Today I mowed my lawn for the last time and stored my mower for the year. Tomorrow I drain my hoses and pack them away as well. I'll rake pine needles one last time, cover my outside faucets, and be done with yard work (hopefully) until spring. Are you ready for winter?

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

We are expecting weather in the 70's, so I think I have a few more times before I put the mower away for winter. I noticed some plants are starting to die off and need to be cut back, while others are still flourishing, so I think I have at least another month of getting flower beds prepared.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

We had frost on the grass and windshields this morning. That's what told me I probably don't need to water any more. Everything is on it's way out. Oh yes, I also need to cut back my raspberry canes tomorrow. That's the biggest chore.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

We are expecting weather in the 70's, so I think I have a few more times before I put the mower away for winter. I noticed some plants are starting to die off and need to be cut back, while others are still flourishing, so I think I have at least another month of getting flower beds prepared.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm, it's still fairly nice up here in NH. I'm sure within the next couple of weeks hubby will get everything drained and put away...

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
2 moms liked this

We camp until our tranksgiving which is Oct 13, soooo not ready to be done, but there certainly alot of yard work to be done around here, alot of leaves to be raked and also alot of pine needles, my flowers are dead, dead, dead but I still have one hanging off the garage but I need a ladder to get it down, oh well maybe I could stick a halloween decoration in it lol.  I really don't content myself to do anything until we're done camping.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Well I don't do any of that but our winters are mild and I'm ready.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:48 PM

You must have an RV or some form of shelter from the cooler weather? I don't camp. My ex was all about tent camping, no air mattress, no pad, always in the rain, don't pay for a campground with amenities like bathrooms. The one time it didn't rain because we were camping "free" (don't ask me where - it wasn't a national park or even forest service area - just a random spot in the middle of nowhere where he could fish), we had to bring our own water in a coleman jug, and it leaked all over the tent and sleeping bags, so we were still wet and cold.  It took a week to shop for groceries and pack all the gear, another week to clean it all up and pack it away, and other than his fishing stuff, it all fell on me. I was only along to cook and wash the dishes. Camping is SO not my thing!

Quoting secondcup5:

We camp until our tranksgiving which is Oct 13, soooo not ready to be done, but there certainly alot of yard work to be done around here, alot of leaves to be raked and also alot of pine needles, my flowers are dead, dead, dead but I still have one hanging off the garage but I need a ladder to get it down, oh well maybe I could stick a halloween decoration in it lol.  I really don't content myself to do anything until we're done camping.

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM
It's been in the 80's here most days. They are calling for a bad winter here and it'll probably snow early because DH isn't home lol
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I love Fall. Can't really say that about winter. My bones don't care for cold weather at all....

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I hope not for your sake. If you're still in the 80s you have a little time left before winter arrives ; )

Quoting rmebrat1020:

It's been in the 80's here most days. They are calling for a bad winter here and it'll probably snow early because DH isn't home lol

looneymom424
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

It has been 80s here and gonna be 70s this weekend

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)