Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Welcome new sisters of 40ish.. Please come in and introduce yourself 10/5-6

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:41 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 209 Total Views

Welcome to 40ish and beyond! Please start by posting a introduction so we can get to know you better. 40ish and beyond has many different topic from menopause to being a step parenting, sex after 40ish, raising grandchildren, and health questions. If there is a topic you would like to see more of please let us know or create a post with the topic. We are a non bashing group and we want your time with us to be a welcoming one and one that we can support you, make you laugh or find a sister or two to chat with. If you have any questions please feel free to ask..

Again welcome to the sisterhood...

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Ppuff1971
by Bronze sister on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:42 AM

I'm first!!

Wait, I'm not new here but I'll start anyways hoping others will join in.

I'm Kelly, 42, divorced mom to 3 (one girl and 2 boys), 2 cats, live in WI, take care of my mom who is a stroke survivor. I also have an incurable skin disorder and fibro.  I also suffer from depression (and I'm not afraid to admit it.)

Want to know anything else about me? Just ask..I don't bite.

NEXT??

simple smile

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Welcome!! LOL

Thank you for being first!

My mother is also a stroke survivor and still trying to recover. Hugs~

Quoting Ppuff1971:

I'm first!!

Wait, I'm not new here but I'll start anyways hoping others will join in.

I'm Kelly, 42, divorced mom to 3 (one girl and 2 boys), 2 cats, live in WI, take care of my mom who is a stroke survivor. I also have an incurable skin disorder and fibro.  I also suffer from depression (and I'm not afraid to admit it.)

Want to know anything else about me? Just ask..I don't bite.

NEXT??

simple smile

Tracys2
by Bronze sister on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I suspect I've done this at some point in the past 2-3 years, but only pop in sporadically.

I'm 42 next week, live 3000 miles from where I grew up, have been here 13 years, 3 kids (8, 6 and 4), very few friends here (none of them close) and depression that the 8 meds and therapy I've tried over the past 15 years haven't budged. I love classic lit, medieval history, D&D style video games, spreadsheets, databases, fantasy, sci-fi, swords, hiking, and swimming (you see why I have no friends!), and my kids, but I am very introverted and so being home and "on call" every minute is hard. I studied Spanish and Lit/Linguistics through 4 years of grad school, never got a degree, quit to make money to marry my ex, didn't marry him, worked for years, got married to someone else, and had kids quickly due to our age.

Now I'm over the SAHM-thing (youngest will start K next year) and ready to work at subbing or translating for my school district, but so does everybody else. I volunteer at the church some. Our pastors are awesome and my kids like theirs. Our school is awesome too. I wish I could volunteer more!

I like food too. Just not cooking it. Or crafting. Or cleaning. Possibly why I'm over the SAHM thing, though I still do it for now. My days are fairly boring and I often feel like I have nothing to contribute, but occasionally I'll go on a posting spree. I hate mean and love kindness, but also like sarcasm. And coffee and tea.

over40bride
by Sister on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM

I posted in the October roll call. I'll copy and paste it here.

Hello. I'm Tracy. 44yo. Married on 4/14/12 to DH 40yo. First marriage for both of us. Been together for 10 years but didn't live together till we were married. 

I have two children from previous relationships DS 23 and DD 15. Been TTC  for about 3 years for one of our own but about to throw in the towel.

I have lived in AZ for 43 years.

I look forward to chatting with you ladies.

JTE11
by Bronze sister on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Hi there, I am 40 and have one DD who is 2.5 years old. Been married to my DH for 14 years...I have four cats...and I can't think of much else that is exciting to tell people right now. Hmm... I live in PA (always have), I am supposed to be a teacher but I stay at home with my DD. This seems to be a great group and I'm glad to have found it, looking forward to getting to know everyone better. :)

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Quoting Tracys2:

I suspect I've done this at some point in the past 2-3 years, but only pop in sporadically.

I'm 42 next week, live 3000 miles from where I grew up, have been here 13 years, 3 kids (8, 6 and 4), very few friends here (none of them close) and depression that the 8 meds and therapy I've tried over the past 15 years haven't budged. I love classic lit, medieval history, D&D style video games, spreadsheets, databases, fantasy, sci-fi, swords, hiking, and swimming (you see why I have no friends!), and my kids, but I am very introverted and so being home and "on call" every minute is hard. I studied Spanish and Lit/Linguistics through 4 years of grad school, never got a degree, quit to make money to marry my ex, didn't marry him, worked for years, got married to someone else, and had kids quickly due to our age.

Now I'm over the SAHM-thing (youngest will start K next year) and ready to work at subbing or translating for my school district, but so does everybody else. I volunteer at the church some. Our pastors are awesome and my kids like theirs. Our school is awesome too. I wish I could volunteer more!

I like food too. Just not cooking it. Or crafting. Or cleaning. Possibly why I'm over the SAHM thing, though I still do it for now. My days are fairly boring and I often feel like I have nothing to contribute, but occasionally I'll go on a posting spree. I hate mean and love kindness, but also like sarcasm. And coffee and tea.

WElcome and thank you for reconnecting!!! :)

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this

WElcome and congrats on your marriage...Loking forward to chatting with you!! :)

Quoting over40bride:

I posted in the October roll call. I'll copy and paste it here.

Hello. I'm Tracy. 44yo. Married on 4/14/12 to DH 40yo. First marriage for both of us. Been together for 10 years but didn't live together till we were married. 

I have two children from previous relationships DS 23 and DD 15. Been TTC  for about 3 years for one of our own but about to throw in the towel.

I have lived in AZ for 43 years.

I look forward to chatting with you ladies.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 6, 2013 at 6:26 AM

WElcome, we are looking forward to getting to know you as well!! I was just saying how it would be fun to have a 2 year old again (then my son brought my grandson over)...lol

Quoting JTE11:

Hi there, I am 40 and have one DD who is 2.5 years old. Been married to my DH for 14 years...I have four cats...and I can't think of much else that is exciting to tell people right now. Hmm... I live in PA (always have), I am supposed to be a teacher but I stay at home with my DD. This seems to be a great group and I'm glad to have found it, looking forward to getting to know everyone better. :)

JTE11
by Bronze sister on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Thanks for the welcome!  And it is my firm belief that two-year-olds are more fun when you can play with them for a while, and then send them to their own home, lol.

Quoting dana63:

WElcome, we are looking forward to getting to know you as well!! I was just saying how it would be fun to have a 2 year old again (then my son brought my grandson over)...lol

Quoting JTE11:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)