Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I love my drugs!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 160 Total Views
My strep throat came back, so I went to the doctor. He told me that it was a strain of strep that is penicillin resistant. So he gave me a non-penicillin drug. But that's not the one I love, he also gave me steroids to help with the severe swelling. I instantly feel better, have so much more energy, and feel like I can do anything! I know long-term use of steroids can be held on the body… But for today I feel terrific!!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I had strep once and thought I would die, or at least wished I would, so I'm glad you have some great meds to get you over this.

mem2013
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 11:54 AM

I could use some of your energy so I bought sugar-free Red Bull.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I am on a low dose as well and it gave me energy and then I am not sure where it went... LOL..

I am glad you are on the mend!! :)

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Well...enjoy your drugs!!!! LOL

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM
That's great glad your feeling better. I used to get strep so much when I was young they removed my tonsils. I haven't had strep since I was 9.
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I'm glad you are feeling better...

wenuck
by Moonshine on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Glad the drugs are working!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jamberrypie
by Sister on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM

So true.  I was on steroids for a short time period, and I was surprised that one of the positive side benefits was a feeling of positive, emotion stability that I had never experienced before.   It was fabulous!

suetoo
by Sister on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:17 PM

I can relate! I have lupus and when I take extra prednisone I feel almost healthy. I take 5 mg each day. Remember the old DuPont commercial back in the fifties? ( ok, stop with the math...) better living through chemistry! Drugs is good. Hope you get over it soon,

sue

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Sorry about your strep throat ( i hope once its gone it knows better to come back and mess with you) glad your drugs are working and that you have more energy, well thats a good thing as most theside effects are crazy! My drug of choice is wine and appitizers after the kids go to bed!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)