Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

bad news, i found out today i am a fatty

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:13 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 366 Total Views
1 mom liked this
There was an spot on the news today that a girl got a letter from the school sent home, they called it a fat letter. She was 127 and 5'3". I am 125 and 5'5". She plays on 2 volleyball teams and plays 6 days a week. they are taking this to far. KickMichelle out of office before she makes all these kids anorexic. I wear a size 5 jeans and I'm fat. Come on now.
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maxamista
by Momma's BFF on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:50 AM
I heard about this it's ridiculous .
opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this
What's even more ridiculous is shutting down the amber alert web site because of the government shut down, but leaving up this dumb *%$@? Get fit website and and she has a wide hiney herself.

Quoting Maxamista:

Maxamista
by Momma's BFF on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:59 AM
Omg I know I shared that story on Facebook I was like are you kidding me ?

Quoting opinionatedmom:

What's even more ridiculous is shutting down the amber alert web site because of the government shut down, but leaving up this dumb *%$@? Get fit website and and she has a wide hiney herself.

Quoting Maxamista:

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:27 AM
1 mom liked this

This is what is so sad, children are told they are fat and they need to look like their favorite actor/singer and that if they dont they will not be accepted. So they go on eating binges and start losing the weight to the point of being unhealthy and some will kill themselves because they are being bullied for being fat.

I know health starts at home but when the school gets involved we as parents need to stand together and rally and show them that we will not stand for it and stop the maddness as well.

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:58 AM
They need to stop the fat letters. Makes the kids Self concious over being fat when they're nnot even fat. I am oldenough to realize these are a bunch of dumb assess saying I'm fat and I just ignore it. Kids don't realize this. Someone needs to shut these controlling idiot's up. Michelle is doing this country so much good. The repercussions of kids being anorexic will come in about 5 years. And it also amazes me how many adults buy into it. Kids stock up before a growth spurt and the idiot parents put these poor kids on diets cause that is what the government says to do.

Quoting dana63:

This is what is so sad, children are told they are fat and they need to look like their favorite actor/singer and that if they dont they will not be accepted. So they go on eating binges and start losing the weight to the point of being unhealthy and some will kill themselves because they are being bullied for being fat.

I know health starts at home but when the school gets involved we as parents need to stand together and rally and show them that we will not stand for it and stop the maddness as well.

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:58 AM
They need to stop the fat letters. Makes the kids Self concious over being fat when they're nnot even fat. I am oldenough to realize these are a bunch of dumb assess saying I'm fat and I just ignore it. Kids don't realize this. Someone needs to shut these controlling idiot's up. Michelle is doing this country so much good. The repercussions of kids being anorexic will come in about 5 years. And it also amazes me how many adults buy into it. Kids stock up before a growth spurt and the idiot parents put these poor kids on diets cause that is what the government says to do.

Quoting dana63:

anchorgurl
by Bronze sister on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I hate arbitrary numbers for weight.  I carry a lot of muscle, because I work out, so my weight tends toward the higher end of the range, but I am also toned and defined in a few places.  I was also eating disordered in the past and know the power of a number. 

Are there kids who have problems with obesity, yes there are.  I understand the intent of keeping parents (or maybe in some cases "making parents") aware of potential health problems for children who are truly obese.  With that said...I know the schools here have things like a "french fry bar" in the school cafeteria and that they sell ice cream and pizza every day and serve cake and cookies for dessert.  How can the school send out a letter like that, but provide the opportunity for a student to eat chili cheese fries, pizza and cake every day for lunch?  Granted the cafeteria food when I was in school wasn't gourmet, but I think it was a whole lot more nutritious and balanced than what gets served now.  Just IMHO.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Yes we can place blame on one person when in fact this has been going around for years. Young girls are told that a perfect body starts with that hour glass figure. They put dolls out such as Barbies and make cute clothes for the smaller children. I take my DD (she is 7) in places like The Childrens Place and buy the same size I would at Wal Mart and they dont fit. I took them back and the woman said their clothes are design for the "smaller" children not the "heavier" child. WTH a "heavy" child dont have the right to cute designer clothes and have to settle on Wal Mart brand? So I refuse to go back. Look at your childs favorite actress/singer, she is as thin as a paper you just want to offer her food. These children want to look like their role model and these role models DONT CARE if the child hurts themselves to get there.

It was said once size zero is NOT a size but size 10 is..

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Wow, just Wow, if you're a fatty at size 5, what am I (size 7)?????I 100% agree with you, this needs to stop!!!!!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Well I can tell you...because I'm a 9 and have been told I'm OBESE ("according to the charts") My doctor tells me this every physical. I'm active...not a seditary person at all. I will admit that I don't do cardio exercises, but I AM active. I lift human beings all the time so my muscle mass is probably greater than my fat index. Could I lose a few lbs...sure I can, but I've also read studies stating that is normal and HEALTHY for women over 40 to gain 10-20 lbs. Because it's preparing our bodies for later stages in life when we actually lose so much weight. It's a natural process caused by hormone changes. I say don't sweat it! Let nature take it's course! 

Quoting secondcup5:

Wow, just Wow, if you're a fatty at size 5, what am I (size 7)?????I 100% agree with you, this needs to stop!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)