Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Debate question: 10/9 (warning) sex over 40ish

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 36 Replies
  • 661 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Miley Cyrus was on The Today show and was talking to Matt Lauer. In the interview she said that people over 40ish stop having sex and when he ask how old she thought he was she said maybe 44 and he said he was 53 and she said that he was way to old to have sex.

This got me to thinking that most younger adults think that life and sex is over at 40ish when in fact some will say that great sex starts at 40ish. I know some woman go through menopause and maybe that will slow the libido down some but others will say that they have had the greatest sex ever. Maybe it comes with experience, or maybe it comes with having a great partner. However the case may be these young adults are dreading moving forward in life when in fact moving forward is not as bad as they are making it out to being.

Did you as a 20 year old think this way as well?

What message would you give a 20 year old about being 40ish and beyond?

If you are a 20 something reading this is this how you also feel?

**** I placed this in THe Let's Talk forum as a debate question with a warning. WE welcome any comments with no bashing and I would welcome any CM members to come in and give us your input as well.

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FlyingMommy747
by Bronze sister on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM
4 moms liked this

Well, when I was still living at home, I could hear my parents still doing it, so I just figured it was normal for everyone to enjoy themselves.  Heck, I know I still do and I am 49.

I hate to be mean, but Miley Cyrus is just a dumb kid.

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM
1 mom liked this

At 20 I was working in a nursing home. That's one of the things they teach in training. That need doesn't leave everyone. If we were to walk in on it, gracefully and quietly turn and leave.

Now in my 40s, I enjoy it more than I did back then. Hubby and I are comfortable with ourselves and each other. I do remember being clumsy at it.... Lol... Some kids just don't get it.... Lol

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:33 AM
5 moms liked this

First, in my opinion, she needs to grow up some before anyone listens to anything she has to say.

When I was a teenager I thought 40 was OLD and to be honest never thought about people having sex. When I was 20 and sexually active I never thought of others having sex and didn't really care. I knew my parents enjoyed it because they had 6 kids.

If a 20 year old were to ask me about being over 40 I'd tell them what I tell anyone. Age is just a number. What matters is how you feel inside. Don't let a number dictate the way you live your life. Life is to short to not enjoy it each and every day regardless of that number.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM
8 moms liked this

That statement alone just shows her maturity level, I think she is just a silly girl.............I cannot stand to watch her.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:50 AM
2 moms liked this

Silly is to nice of a word for her.

Quoting secondcup5:

That statement alone just shows her maturity level, I think she is just a silly girl.............I cannot stand to watch her.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:02 AM
5 moms liked this

i saw that and I wish i was there to smack her stupid ass mouth.  She don't know what she is talking about, she is still wet behind the ears. Im 46 and very sexually active,  i have a very strong libido and I plan on and hoping on being this way for a long time. These young kids think sex is all about wham bam thank you mam, little do they know how much there is to sex. Miley grow the hell up and stop trying to get attention the wrong way.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM
3 moms liked this

I guess when we were younger we thought life would end at 40 and that is was "like really, really old" but 40 is just a number and we are as old or as young as we feel. Sex at 40ish is better than 20ish because the worries are different.

What I say to any 20 year old is what I say to my own kids.. Enjoy having a sex life and dont look at age as it is just a number...

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM
3 moms liked this

When I was in my 20's, all I cared about was that I was having sex. I knew that people in their 40's and 50's were older than me. I never thought about were people in that age range too old to have sex. IMO, that's too much analyzing for a 20 something young girl! My advice is to a young girl or guy, have fun, enjoy your life. Stop over thinking things. A person can enjoy sex at any age. It's not about any age. It's about taking care of you and your life.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
She's an idiot! But sex is definitively better now then back then!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

She's an idiot and we've already forgotten more than she has ever learned and we're still ahead of her or most 20 somethings in general. I honestly never gave anyone in their 40's or older much thought when I was in my 20's. If I were a betting person, I'd bet that what she knows about sex, she still has not learned about true intimacy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)