Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh..this Govt. closure thing is really stupid..

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 393 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Can you tell me WHY they are blocking off OUTDOOR areas??  You don't see anyone standing around during the open times as much as you see them standing/blocking them NOW!!  I'm sorry but when has the open air/grass etc. been off limits??  It's beyond stupid and I certainly HOPE people do NOT forget this when election time comes...but we have such short memories...sigh... I know I won't forget....

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/01/politics/gallery/government-shutdown/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

It's so frustrating to see people, esp. the veterans being turned away from something they gave their life/time etc. too... GRRRRR

YOU’RE LUCKY I’M WEARING THESE ADORABLE MITTENS

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by BL on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Because they're a--holes....

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM
2 moms liked this

This!!!

Quoting BL2010:

Because they're a--holes....

mrgetinold
by Nana on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Yep i want to tell them instead of blaming each other they need to grow up! It dont matter to them they are set for life and have health cae and all! I guess when time comes to re elect we should tell them all what we really think ( my dd thinks we should do some kinda a survivor/ hunger games thing with them)
BL2010
by BL on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:00 PM
3 moms liked this

I've heard lots of people saying that come voting time they are going to vote all new people in.

Quoting mrgetinold:

Yep i want to tell them instead of blaming each other they need to grow up! It dont matter to them they are set for life and have health cae and all! I guess when time comes to re elect we should tell them all what we really think ( my dd thinks we should do some kinda a survivor/ hunger games thing with them)

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
3 moms liked this

That's my plan. None of the ones in now deserve another term.

Quoting BL2010:

I've heard lots of people saying that come voting time they are going to vote all new people in.

Quoting mrgetinold:

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree.

Quoting ALolies:

Quoting BL2010:

Quoting mrgetinold:

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

isn't that the truth!!!

Quoting ALolies:

Quoting BL2010:

Quoting mrgetinold:

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:42 PM
2 moms liked this

I overheard someone talking today that because of this stuipidity they closed the Grand Canyon....I was like how the hell do you close that?  LOL

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:47 PM
2 moms liked this
It's a sad state of affairs. I'm not sure how if there is a government shut down hoe do they have the man power to make sure these places are closed
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I know..there they have a gate they can close right?  but some place are right out in the open like the Lincoln memorial, MLK jr memorial etc.  why block it when you walk up to it or the washington memorial... I can see not going into things but really out in the open stuff?? soo STUPID

Quoting crazymom729:

I overheard someone talking today that because of this stuipidity they closed the Grand Canyon....I was like how the hell do you close that?  LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)