Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Foster Care

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 423 Total Views
2 moms liked this
I would love for people to get facts before they state "over heard truths". Most kids are in FC because of the parents and not the child. I can personally say my husband and I didn't think oh wow free labor or let us abuse these kids more. We get temp placement while they wait for their bio FAM completes their home study. We have an age cut off also which is 5 y/o. We don't foster anymore, I needed a break but there are some great families out there. Yes there are bad foster homes but there are evil people everywhere. Sorry I had to vent about what I have seen on CM
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Vent away! I know how Foster care can be and there are great parents who really want to help the child while the parent gets the help they need and then there are some who look at the kids and see a pay check. I was asked to foster and I am thinking about it. I love kids and I want to help them with a loving place to feel safe.

Hugs~

KW1280
by KeKe on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM
You should we need more FP like you

Quoting dana63:

Vent away! I know how Foster care can be and there are great parents who really want to help the child while the parent gets the help they need and then there are some who look at the kids and see a pay check. I was asked to foster and I am thinking about it. I love kids and I want to help them with a loving place to feel safe.

Hugs~

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

You'd be a great FP

Quoting dana63:

Hugs~

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My problem is I would want to keep them all and I know I cant... LOL

KW1280
by KeKe on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I had a four week old and it was hard to hand her over but I knew her Grammy would love her

Quoting dana63:

My problem is I would want to keep them all and I know I cant... LOL

looneymom424
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I know there are good ones but I have seen the bad one straight up and they never did anything she had 6 kids under the age of 2 and worked in daycare how do you have time for them and watch them

Maida265
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:36 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm a foster/adopt parent. Like Dana...I can't straight foster because I'd want to keep them all so I take in children who have already had parental rights terminated or who will as soon as a family is identified. We take in the most difficult kids and ones who are not easy to place due to behaviors or disabilities. I don't do this for the money...I do it simply because I love kids. Good/bad/clean/dirty/ they all need love and for someone to believe in them.

KW1280
by KeKe on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM
I knew there was a reason I loved ya

Quoting Maida265:

I'm a foster/adopt parent. Like Dana...I can't straight foster because I'd want to keep them all so I take in children who have already had parental rights terminated or who will as soon as a family is identified. We take in the most difficult kids and ones who are not easy to place due to behaviors or disabilities. I don't do this for the money...I do it simply because I love kids. Good/bad/clean/dirty/ they all need love and for someone to believe in them.

Maida265
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL why thank you! We have adopted 4 of our foster placements...and I love them just as much as if they had been born to me.

KW1280
by KeKe on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Yes I still call them my kids lol

Quoting Maida265:

LOL why thank you! We have adopted 4 of our foster placements...and I love them just as much as if they had been born to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)