Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Q&A Giveaway! Ask Suzanne Somers About Hormones, Mood Swings, PMS and More WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Cafe AmyB
Today at 11:38 AM
Advice for Moms Group - CafeMom

Share parenting and relationship advice, recipes, baby names and everything from potty training to weight loss tips.

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 139 Replies
  • 3387 Total Views
7 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to welcome Suzanne Somers, author of I’M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS!,  The Natural Hormone Solution to Enjoy Perimenopause, to the 40ish and beyond... group. Suzanne will be taking your questions through Friday, October 18th.

Suzanne breaks the silence, and shares the latest information, on what to do when women start to experience hormonal shifts that wreak havoc on their lives, prime them for cancer and other chronic and deadly health issues, and make them feel plain miserable.

Suzanne shares her findings on how to thrive during the years leading up to menopause, and relish those decades, feeling sexually vibrant and happy, with a strong, fit body and your brain firing on all cylinders.

Want to know more about hormones, mood swings, PMS, natural solutions and more? Ask your questions here!  Suzanne will answer as many questions as possible. Ten moms who ask a question will win a copy of Suzanne's book, I’M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS!

The Giveaway Rules:

The I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS Giveaway starts 10/11/2013 at 3pm (ET) and ends 10/18/2013 at 11pm (ET) (the "Giveaway Period"). Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Giveaway Period.
Multiple entries are permitted and encouraged, as it increases your chances of winning. Ten winners will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a I'M TOO YOUNG FOR THIS.
The random drawing shall occur on or about  11/7/13. No Purchase Necessary. Open to US, DC, and PR residents 16 years and older. Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM
3 moms liked this

What is the #1 thing I can do to reduce the mood swings? I find this is the biggest factor in how I feel. I can tolerate the occasional thermostat going haywire...and so far I don't have many other symptoms, but the mood dips and peaks are really out of control.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:06 PM
5 moms liked this

Is it alway necessary to gain weight during this time or is there a trick to keeping and maintaining a good body weight during menopause?

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:07 PM
3 moms liked this

Welcome to the group Ms. Somers!

I do have a question, how do you keep your hormone from going out of control when you are trying to balance a active life?

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to the group Ms. Somers. I would like to know about natural remedies for hot flashes and mood swings.

looneymom424
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome Suzan Somers.  Do you know of anything that helps sweating at times other than night I have horrible sweats.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome Ms. Somers. The mood swings.... GRRRR... how can they be stopped?

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:29 PM
2 moms liked this

What kind of exercises do you do to feel good? 

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I have heard conflicting stories about Green Tea. I have heard it is great to calm and relax you, yet I have heard it causes some health issues. What do you know about the benefits of Green Tea? 

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Oooh, I love my green tea. I am not supposed to only have a few cups a day. Even better is white tea but I don't like that. I do like the green, had to get used to it. Even better with lemon or honey. :) 

Quoting ALolies:

I have heard conflicting stories about Green Tea. I have heard it is great to calm and relax you, yet I have heard it causes some health issues. What do you know about the benefits of Green Tea? 

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:42 PM
6 moms liked this

Why Oh Why are hot flashes worse at night?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN