Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Where's your Scruples?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM
  • 21 Replies
  • 301 Total Views

I love these sort of questions. There's no right or wrong answer...and no one will be frowned upon if your answer is out in left field. This is totally based on your opinion.

QUESTION:

You buy a scarf from a discount store as a gift for a friend who is very label conscious. You have an empty box from a trendy store. Do you repackage the scarf in the box and give it to your friend?

by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BL2010
by Just Me on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I sure would. 

MikeyJr.sMom
by Sister on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Why not?
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

I would not because if they did decide to return it then you look deceitful. It could wear poorly and they may decide to see if the store will do anything about it. I also don't buy into other people's stupid label worshipping. They'd get the scarf because I liked it and thought of them, not because they'd like the label.

lookbothways
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

No. Would cross my mind though

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I reuse all kinds of boxes so yes I would but then they would also know that it might not be from that store... I should add tho when I buy a gift for a friend it's something they wanted in the first place so I wouldnt have to worry about a return...hehe

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Oct. 14, 2013 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't be friends with someone like that. Sounds like Kim Kardashian. Too shallow & materialistic.
Fayanne
by Fay on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I throw gifts in any box I have available anyway... lol.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:16 PM
3 moms liked this

If I chose to use the box it would be because it was the right size and have nothing to do with the label on the box.  In my opinion if you try to pass the scarf off as a more expensive gift that equates to lying.  

samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Oct. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think I would. I reuse boxes and gift bags, but I am careful that they are not labled. I am so not label concious. Actually I am, but in the opposite direction. I don't buy big brand names usually. If something is nice and affordable and on sale, I would buy it, but otherwise I don't pay for names. That same goes for buying presents, and I will not pretend in front of my friend that it is otherwise.

looneymom424
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I usually dont use boxes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)