Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Like I don't already know what you're going to say about this, but I have to ask

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM
  • 31 Replies
  • 591 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Kim Kardashian may be a Hollywood star in Kanye West's mind, but the Hollywood Walk of Fame disagrees. During his now infamous Oct. 9 interview on Jimmy Kimmel Live, the rapper argued that his reality star girlfriend and baby mama should receive a star on the legendary sidewalk. Ana Martinez, a spokeswoman for the Walk and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, however, has now issued a response to explain why that won't be happening.

"We don't have reality stars on the Walk of Fame," she tells Yahoo's omg!. "We don't have a category for it. We're happy to consider reality stars once they get nominated for, or win, an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar." Martinez added, "We'll consider them when they're legitimate actors or singers."

During his interview with Jimmy Kimmel earlier this month, West, 36, called the Hollywood Walk of Fame "dated" for not allowing Kardashian, the 32-year-old mother of his 4-month-old daughter North, to be honored. "I want to shout out to the stars on the Walk of Fame because they said something about they're not going to put my girl on the Walk of Fame because she's a reality star," he said. "People are so so dated and not modern. There's no way Kim Kardashian shouldn't have a star on the Walk of Fame." 

"I know he loves her, and it's all very sweet," Martinez told omg! of the remarks. "But she doesn't qualify."

In order to receive a star on the Walk of Fame, celebrities have to be nominated first before they can be considered. "I hate to say it, but a lot of people just don't like her," Martinez said of the Keeping Up With the Kardashians star. "No one has ever nominated her."

Tell Us: Do you think Kardashian should qualify to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:13 PM
3 moms liked this
I wish her 15 minutes would end already!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

No, Ma'am~!!!

DragonLover462
by Sister on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Who the heck is she??  LOL  But seriously, no.  She's a reality show person not a star.  She hasn't done anything to deserve to be famous.

LAXmom21
by Bronze sister on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
They are so arrogant she's not a talented star compared to those who have stars on the walk of fame.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so with you on that!

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I wish her 15 minutes would end already!

KW1280
by Silver sister on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Quoting LAXmom21:

They are so arrogant she's not a talented star compared to those who have stars on the walk of fame.

KW1280
by Silver sister on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Kanye has been on a downward spiral since his momma died
hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Some town should step up and have the Walk of Shame.....then you can go out and have the Lane of Lames lol!!!!  No I don't think either Kim or West deserve the honor but walking all over them? There's gotta be a place lol!!!Maybe the OC can host a road lmaooo!!!!

What is really iconic are the foot prints and signatures of the many stars gone by....Now those are the heart of Hollywood!

Fayanne
by Fay on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

for making a sex tape????????

HELL  HECK NO !!!!

Life is divine chaos
Embrace it.  Forgive  yourself.   Breathe
           And enjoy the ride....   

looneymom424
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Heck no she doesnt need one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)