Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What fashion trends do you like or just wish that they would go away?

Posted by   + Show Post

I tend to be lazy and wear a lot of black (don't have to worry about matching colors and dh doesn't notice if it's new..lol), but have bought a few things lately. I like leggings or jeggings tucked into a pair of boots with a long shirt, the only way to pull this look off imo. Is there anything you've been really happy with, or really dislike seeing?

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Replies (11-20):
Alwaysmotivated
by Loving Life on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:40 AM

yes big smile mini

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I agree that jeans can be dressed up and look really nice. Much better than a pair of slacks that are not flattering.

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

do you mean casual jeans wear or in general..casual to me is jeans, I can dress ways up with Jeans and I can dress down with Jeans as well, I am obsessed with them and they don't always have to be designer as long as its a good fit..I think I may have one or two designers..

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I really like this casual look for, hmm, let's say PTA or church!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

right, just wrong, lol..(I am such a hater, need to stop, lol)

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I really hate her!!! roflmao With this body a girl could always accessorize with cool belly button rings. She could also have the face of Godzilla and no one would ever notice!

Quoting Alwaysmotivated:

Now if I had her body, I would never change my clothes much less the style, lol

Denim Casual Street Style

tnwp21
by Starchild on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I tend to wear Jeans and comfy and classic mixed together.  Stuctured jacket and a light hoodie or unique sweater with a classic shirt and a pair of Tory Burch or coach flats, I have a 9 year old and am on the go.  As i make my way back to myself, I will cut my hair into a funky easy style, wear classic light make up and add accessories like knit poncho's, wraps and the like.  I like to keep it casual, so I can either go to dinner or take off the jacket and play at will, with husband and son.

looneymom424
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I wear what is comfortable but my granddaughter wants me to wear a dress all the time. lol

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm getting to where nothing is more important than comfort, especially in shoes.

Quoting looneymom424:

I wear what is comfortable but my granddaughter wants me to wear a dress all the time. lol

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I'm picturing a woman who has style, every bit as much as fashion!

Quoting tnwp21:

I tend to wear Jeans and comfy and classic mixed together.  Stuctured jacket and a light hoodie or unique sweater with a classic shirt and a pair of Tory Burch or coach flats, I have a 9 year old and am on the go.  As i make my way back to myself, I will cut my hair into a funky easy style, wear classic light make up and add accessories like knit poncho's, wraps and the like.  I like to keep it casual, so I can either go to dinner or take off the jacket and play at will, with husband and son.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I love leggings/jeggings too.. with a tunic or long shirt/sweatshirt and my boots.  In the warmer days I wear capri leggins w/my long tops.. comfy style for me. 

I wish the baggy/drop pants fad would GO AWAY...IT'S SO NASTY...

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I agree about those horrible baggy pants. You have a dd, so I'm just curious if she gives you input about fashion? I remember my dd making fun of my friend who wore mom jeans and told me I couldn't wear those.

Quoting starlight1968:

I love leggings/jeggings too.. with a tunic or long shirt/sweatshirt and my boots.  In the warmer days I wear capri leggins w/my long tops.. comfy style for me. 

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate sagging pants. Gross. I hate the low cut jeans that show your crack when you bend over.

I LOVE camo. Must be the Redneck in me. Camo, boots, and ball caps. Woo hoo
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

no input from her lol she likes what I wear... In fact we went shopping for some winter like clothes for her and she saw a Harry Potter shirt.  She goes.."Mom you got one, can I have one too?" lol  We both also wear boots, she tends to wear hers with jeans mostly since she isn't allowed to wear leggings at school.

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I agree about those horrible baggy pants. You have a dd, so I'm just curious if she gives you input about fashion? I remember my dd making fun of my friend who wore mom jeans and told me I couldn't wear those.

Quoting starlight1968:

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Saggy pants too short of shorts, showing too much skin are some I wished would go away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN