Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What fashion trends do you like or just wish that they would go away?

Posted by   + Show Post

I tend to be lazy and wear a lot of black (don't have to worry about matching colors and dh doesn't notice if it's new..lol), but have bought a few things lately. I like leggings or jeggings tucked into a pair of boots with a long shirt, the only way to pull this look off imo. Is there anything you've been really happy with, or really dislike seeing?

by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
KW1280
by Silver sister on Oct. 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Wearing pajamas to job interviews or to conduct business, baggy sagging pants, booty cutters and now see through clothes.
Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Cut off shorts that are REALLY short...even on skinny people looks tacky IMO

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM
3 moms liked this

OMG...pajama bottoms in public. FASHION no-no for sure!

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Oct. 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Things I LIKE...jeans and cute long top accessorized with wide belt and jewlery. I'm short...so the right length of a shirt is really hard to find.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 20, 2013 at 8:48 PM

I'm 5'7" and I also have a hard time with the right length of shirt. If I wore a big wide belt, I'd look like Santa Clause.

Quoting Maida265:

Things I LIKE...jeans and cute long top accessorized with wide belt and jewlery. I'm short...so the right length of a shirt is really hard to find.

my2kidsmom9498
by Sister on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I was going to say the same two things.  And flip flops!  How I hate cheap plastic and foam flip flops!   Not sandals that slip on, but the cheap shoes that only belong on the beach.  

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Saggy pants too short of shorts, showing too much skin are some I wished would go away.

tnwp21
by Starchild on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM
1 mom liked this

thank you

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I'm picturing a woman who has style, every bit as much as fashion!

Quoting tnwp21:

I tend to wear Jeans and comfy and classic mixed together.  Stuctured jacket and a light hoodie or unique sweater with a classic shirt and a pair of Tory Burch or coach flats, I have a 9 year old and am on the go.  As i make my way back to myself, I will cut my hair into a funky easy style, wear classic light make up and add accessories like knit poncho's, wraps and the like.  I like to keep it casual, so I can either go to dinner or take off the jacket and play at will, with husband and son.

nussknacker
by Nutlady on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:57 AM
2 moms liked this

very pregant women wearing very little......skin tight shirts, I am sure there is such a thing as pregnancy clothing.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting my2kidsmom9498:

I was going to say the same two things.  And flip flops!  How I hate cheap plastic and foam flip flops!   Not sandals that slip on, but the cheap shoes that only belong on the beach.  

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Saggy pants too short of shorts, showing too much skin are some I wished would go away.

Oh, yeah I forgot aboput flip flops thanks for reminding me. I am sure there are others I just can't think of them LOL!!

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Oct. 21, 2013 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting nussknacker:

very pregant women wearing very little......skin tight shirts, I am sure there is such a thing as pregnancy clothing.

Yep, I agree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN