Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Kielbasa and sauerkraut in the crock-pot

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

We are having a bonfire this weekend for our sons 21st birthday. It's going to be cold, so I thought kielbasa and sauerkraut for sandwiches would be good.

I am making it in a big crockpot. I usually just put sauerkraut and a very small pork roast (just for flavor) on to cook for 6-7 hours, then add kielbasa a few hours before serving.

What is your recipe? I have seen so many different ones. Thought I may try something new.

I never really thought about this, but after posting this on another group, most people never heard of putting kielbasa and sauerkraut on a sandwich. This is a major party staple in our neck of the woods. We don't cut the kielbasa in small pieces, as in most recipes. Ours our cut in longer pieces to fit a sausage roll.

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I make the pork roast with saeurkraut, but don't use Kielbasa. I don't care for sausages...

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I have never had this.............what's it taste like?  I am not a big meat eater, chicken and fish usually.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Oct. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
I like pork and sauerkraut, never had it with kielbasa. But it sounds good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
looneymom424
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I never heard of it before

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We love kielbasa with sauerkraut ....yes we put the kielbasa on a roll and throw on sauerkraut, and whatever else we want like onions etc.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I've never heard of kielbasa/pork with saeurkraut but I bet it tastes great. Not a big kielbasa eater but would try it with pork.

1squishysmom
by Silver sister on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting BL2010:

I've never heard of kielbasa/pork with saeurkraut but I bet it tastes great. Not a big kielbasa eater but would try it with pork.

Really? We have had pork and sauerkraut for New Years day dinner my entire life. My Pappy said were to eat it for health and wealth. Haha. It didn't work!
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Sounds yummy! I don't make sauerkraut, hub doesn't like it. When I do have it it's usually with corned beef and sauerkraut on St. Patty's day. Have a good time!!

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Tell your ds Happy Birthday for me! Dang it if my kids wont eat saerkraut, but i love it so i dont make it to often as i get that thats gross face from them! Ugh
starlight1968
/ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL*˚ .ღ 。° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ . /
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM

OOH can I come!! my kiddo and dh do not like sauerkraut lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN