Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Winter's Coming

Posted by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM
  • 30 Replies
  • 377 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Are you ready? Have you turned on your heat yet? Do you have your summer clothes put away and your winter clothes out.

What temp do you run your furnace during the day? At night when you are sleeping?

by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
looneymom424
by on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Furnace has been on for a few days suppose to be 25 tonight.  No the summer clothes are not put away yet I was hoping for a longer fall

atlmom2
by Susie on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
It has been on a week now. Hate winter. Need to pack summer clothes for Florida. I am going for 2 months mid Feb to mid April.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting looneymom424:

Furnace has been on for a few days suppose to be 25 tonight.  No the summer clothes are not put away yet I was hoping for a longer fall

I think we got to 27 last night I know it was cold this morning anyway. My furnace has been on a few weeks now.We want to know where our Indian Summer went to.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

It has been on a week now. Hate winter. Need to pack summer clothes for Florida. I am going for 2 months mid Feb to mid April.

I hate winter as well my are all put away.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:18 PM

I'm always ready...lol.. Heat has been coming on up here for the last month. When we're home we have the heat set for 66 depending, when we go to bed/leave for work it goes down to I think 64.

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Oct. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM

We have ours turned on, but only for bedtime. It's set at 73. I wonder HOW cold it will get down here. (AR) I'm from IL.

kaarina
by Boston Strong on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I turned the heat on for the first time this morning. It was 63 in the house when I woke up. I usually keep it at 68 during the day and 65 at bedtime. I still have to put the summer clothes away. It was 70 degrees out 2 days ago so I was still wearing them. I also need to change my purse and put the summer purse away.
wenuck
by Moonshine on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Today was the 1st we had our wood stove run all day it was 50 with 20mph winds brrrr.
The house temp is 75 and I have not put my summer clothes away since I'm home for now I wear them at home haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 24, 2013 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this

this is Texas lol so nothing ever gets put away, ac will always have a chance of being turned back on...lol...

pasteeater_too
by Mrs. Jeter on Oct. 25, 2013 at 1:09 AM
We don't use heat and we don't have winter clothes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)