Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

this is def 40

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 289 Total Views
1 mom liked this

when you are yawning like crazy and look at the clock and say okay, I'll give myself 'til at least 8:45. Then wonder what the heck is wrong with you because you want to go to sleep. Heck, who cares - this chick will soon crash ... 40 or not - I value my sleep...lol

(this is 40 the movie was hilarious though)

chow for now my sweets

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I did that last night...hahaha.
Phylis419
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:20 PM

it's like a whole new world once you hit 40... what's the deal? ha ha ha  I have to say it's had it's rough moments but I do love it. My husband and I go for walks in the rain and it's by far very cool to do. Or we get up and go for walks with our coffee mugs in hand...gotta love it! :-D

Quoting crazymom729:

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I know..my dh is a truck driver, he is in Texas. My kids are doing their own thing. I ate, grabbed a shower, grabbed a book and got in the bed. I looked at the clock it read 7:30. I didn't know wether to revel in the piece and quiet or cry that my life is so pathetic that I was in bed at that time on a Friday night. Lol.

Quoting Phylis419:

it's like a whole new world once you hit 40... what's the deal? ha ha ha  I have to say it's had it's rough moments but I do love it. My husband and I go for walks in the rain and it's by far very cool to do. Or we get up and go for walks with our coffee mugs in hand...gotta love it! :-D

Quoting crazymom729:

Phylis419
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:30 PM

ha ha ha too funny but I so understand what you mean ... i've decided i will read my book only once in a while in bed. once you hit the bed it's going to lead to sleep. lol ... from now on we make sure to watch tv in the living room because for a while there we would come right to the room and to bed and turn on the tv. Friday nights we were out cold and we said; wow, we are pathetic - 40 and in bed about to sleep on a Friday and it was only 8... can't help but say this is all too funny but it's kind of cool too. We choose to stay in and if you want to sleep and chill at home then do it... woohoo us  40ish's.

Quoting crazymom729:

I know..my dh is a truck driver, he is in Texas. My kids are doing their own thing. I ate, grabbed a shower, grabbed a book and got in the bed. I looked at the clock it read 7:30. I didn't know wether to revel in the piece and quiet or cry that my life is so pathetic that I was in bed at that time on a Friday night. Lol.

Quoting Phylis419:

Quoting crazymom729:

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm about ready for bed now. Yawn!

Phylis419
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this

too funny but I hear you on that...I'm in bed myself right now too. ha ha ha get some rest - get some rest

Quoting ALolies:

I'm about ready for bed now. Yawn!

wenuck
by Moonshine on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not lol!! But I do have days like that!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Not there yet. Not 8:30. But 10:30, oh yes!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 27, 2013 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this

sweet dreams

jenny3344
by Sister on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:17 AM
I'm 45 and ready for bed every night at 8:30, even on weekends. I just value my sleep.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)