Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ghost Legend of Resurrection Mary

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:09 AM
  • 25 Replies
  • 545 Total Views

The legend of Resurrection Mary:

Blond hair and blue eyes... She has been seen since the 1930s.

Legend says Anna Norkus went to a dance at O'Henry Ballroom - now called Willowbrook.

Apparently in an argument with her boyfriend she left the dance and started to hitchhike down Archer Ave

Between Willowbrook and Resurrection Cemetery she was hit by a car and killed...she was laid to rest in Resurrection Cemetery

Soon after her death people began seeing a girl in a white dancing dress and she had blond hair ... "hitchhiking" to Archer Ave.

There have been many,many encounters with Mary

In 1970 a young couple was driving down Archer Ave when the woman screams "Watch out for that girl!"

The young man slams on his brakes as a wisp of an image of a young girl dashes out in front to of their car...she had blond hair and was wearing a white dress

In 1976 Justice Police Department received a phone call from a man stating as he was driving past Resurrection Cemetery he seen a young girl locked behind the cemetery's gates

The police arrived and looked but no one could be found...

As the policemen shined their flashlights onto the gates of the cemetery they seen marks like hand prints burned into the heavy iron gates

These marks had finger impressions and were skin textured

There are many reports of seeing a young girl standing on Archer Ave in the middle of the road and when approached... she just fades away...

Again blond hair and white dress

A taxi driver picked up a young girl along the road on Archer Ave

It was winter and she was in such a thin white summer dress...much too cold to be dressed like that he thought... so he picked her up

She dashed into the car but sat up front with him instead of the back seat like all other fares riding in his Taxi

He dared not look at her except out of the corners of his eyes for there was a cold...cold chill about her

He finally said  "It is chilly huh?"...her reply "Winter came soon this year"

As he approached the cemetery...he turned his head to look at her and she was just gone

No slamming door as she exited the taxi...not a sound ...just GONE!

So many have reported seeing Mary and it still happens today

So if you ever visit Chicago ... take a drive down Archer Ave and who knows...maybe Mary will except a ride.

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM

creeeeepy

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:27 AM
Eeeeeeerrrrrriiiiiiiieeeeeee
DreamWeaver669
by Silver sister on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Happy Halloween ladies

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Oh Dream you always post this at this time and it still creeps me out, but I love it!!! :)

DreamWeaver669
by Silver sister on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I wuvs you Dana

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:59 AM

I wuv you too!! :)

Quoting DreamWeaver669:

I wuvs you Dana

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:19 AM

Amazing.

triplets0718
by Sister on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I am from the southern suburbs of Chicago. I remember driving down Archer when we were teens trying to spot Mary. Never did though. However my Uncle to swears to this day it really happened and he wasn't just trying to scare us, stands by this story: He was driving down Archer one night, when he reached the corner of the cemetery, his radio went out. He kept driving and messing with the radio to get it to work. Once he reached the other side of the cemetery, it came back on. He never had a problem with it before or after that night. All my relatives from my Mom's side and some from my DH's side are buried in Resurrection.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Creepy

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:26 AM

I'm from IL. I wonder if this is the thing our older neighbors used to call "Mary Worth"? scary as hell. It sure sounds like it!! ghost

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)