Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Let's chat Halloween Thursday!! 10/31

Posted by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:18 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 234 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Happy Halloween!!!

Let's chat halloween ghost What halloween was the best for you?

I think when I was a kid those were the best because it wasnt like it is now. Now children dont go house to house much but to festival to festival or parking lots, Churches. This is taking the personal effect out but at the same time placing safety in its place. I long for the day when moms and dads would sit outside and a child run to the house and gather that tasty treat. trick or treat

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

by on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Oct. 31, 2013 at 6:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree and prefer neighborhood kids going door to door. I loved dressing mine up and going out with them.

wildchild.com
by Rapunzel on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree...we still do that but we stay within our housing develoment where everyone knows everyone.
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:22 AM
2 moms liked this

yep miss those good ole days...not having to worry about "bad people" as much or bad candy etc.

My fave one years was we tried to see how many different costumes we could change into and see if our one neighbor figured it out...he was in on it I must add.  I think we did nearly 5 lol.... we had so many odds/ends and our own clothes that we made so many different kinds lol... I think I was a prairie girl, gypsy, witch (w/face mask) and not sure what else LOL.... He finally figured it out and told us that it was the best Halloween EVER...hehe...

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Oct. 31, 2013 at 7:58 AM
1 mom liked this

i love halloween, can't wait to take my granddaughter out today. in my neighborhood is always the  same kids.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I used to love trick or treating when I was young. We would go house to house, store to store where they would let us take either a bag of chips or a candy bar, Dairy Joy always gave us an ice cream. Those were the good, fun days.

wenuck
by Moonshine on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes the good old days! Running with friends trick or treat was so much fun!!

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Oct. 31, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep miss the old days! We lived oit of town so my dad would drive us in, go to the big fancy houses drive down the street and wait for us to go door to door! How sad our kids have to worry about everything now days! I also miss the classroom parties, my ds school is having scary story time at school today thats it no costumes, the middle school has a dance tomorrow night!
secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Oct. 31, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm doing that tonite, we get together, dress up, visit friends homes who give out fudge(which I never eat, not that fond, but they don't know that)and liquor(which I do drink, because I love those coolers), who says just because you're grown up you can't enjoy trick or treating. lol.

Quoting wenuck:

wenuck
by Moonshine on Oct. 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Now that sounds like fun!!!! Have a good time!!

Quoting secondcup5:

I'm doing that tonite, we get together, dress up, visit friends homes who give out fudge(which I never eat, not that fond, but they don't know that)and liquor(which I do drink, because I love those coolers), who says just because you're grown up you can't enjoy trick or treating. lol.

Quoting wenuck:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RoseWall
by RoseWall on Oct. 31, 2013 at 9:56 PM

i dont have a favorite halloween at all.

im not a holiday person.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)