Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Reading Books

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:41 AM
  • 39 Replies
  • 424 Total Views
1 mom liked this

Who is your favorite Authors and what books do you recommend? What are you currently reading right now?

Book Lovers Day

When : August 9th and/or first Saturday in November.

Book Lovers Day encourages you to find a place in the shade to relax with a good book.

Book reading is a great hobby. It's an important one, too. Employers look for it on resumes. Reading is educational, informative, and relaxing. It makes us both smarter, and happier people.

Book Lovers Day is a great day to celebrate. Just grab an interesting book, find a quiet, cozy place, and crack open the cover. Celebrating Book Lovers Day in August is pleasurable on the deck, under a shady tree, poolside, or in a cozy hammock. If you fall asleep while reading, that's okay. It's all part of the relaxing benefits of being a book lover.  

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I love Thomas Kincaide books, V.C. Andrews, Nicholas Sparks, Debbie Maccomber, I know there are others.

I am currently reading Christmas Treasures by Thomas Kincaide

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:47 AM
2 moms liked this

I love to read but seldom really have the chance. By the time I get some quiet time, I'm exhausted and reading in bed is not an option. I end up reading the same line 10 times because I nod off. LOL

My all time favorite author is Judy Piccoult.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Maida265:

I love to read but seldom really have the chance. By the time I get some quiet time, I'm exhausted and reading in bed is not an option. I end up reading the same line 10 times because I nod off. LOL

My all time favorite author is Judy Piccoult.

I have heard people mention her yet I have never checked her out. I will have to check her out sometime. I don't do reading in bed although that seems to be a favorite pasttime of people I have never done that ever in my married life now as a kid I would.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I just can't because I fall asleep. Once in a great while...on the weekends my kids are content and if I have no respite (which you all know is odd) and have a few hours of time I can sit and read. My biggest problem is I get really wrapped up in my books so I can't put them down and then I'm disappointed when the story ends...LOL.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 2, 2013 at 6:59 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my favorite authors is our very own 40ish sister Bobbie Bandy, she write books for woman our age and some are (ahem) steamy!! One she wrote is called Portial and it will open your eyes...

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting dana63:

One of my favorite authors is our very own 40ish sister Bobbie Bandy, she write books for woman our age and some are (ahem) steamy!! One she wrote is called Portial and it will open your eyes...

I did not know that I will have to see what she's all about. I think there are a bunch of people here on CM that write books from what I have read. Thanks
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:03 AM
2 moms liked this

We do have many cafemom authors and if any wants us to promote we do. But Bobbie has been in the group for years and she writes books for our age and very sweet. She is on FB (look under my friends list) and her books are on Amazon...

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Quoting dana63:

I did not know that I will have to see what she's all about. I think there are a bunch of people here on CM that write books from what I have read. Thanks

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I remember her!!!! Where has she gone anyway? I haven't seen her around in ages!

Quoting dana63:

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:06 AM
1 mom liked this

She comes in, she is writing a new book and hopefully we get to review it for her... :)

Quoting Maida265:

I remember her!!!! Where has she gone anyway? I haven't seen her around in ages!

Quoting dana63:

cafe.gif (14184 bytes)Join us for coffee~~

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting dana63:

She comes in, she is writing a new book and hopefully we get to review it for her... :)

Quoting Maida265:

Quoting dana63:

That would be awesome to get her to do that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)