Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

i need an opinion

Posted by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 295 Total Views

I found out a few months ago that someone I hardly knew passed away,problem is it happened a few years ago I still feel like I should send condolences ,would it be in poor taste to do this?

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:58 AM

That is a toughy. I think I'd let it go unless it was brought up in conversation.

lucky2Beeme
by Silver sister on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:59 AM
4 moms liked this

send a note stating you were so sorry to find out that (person) had passed at such a late date.  Express your sympathy & share a memory.. Even late Im sure the recipient will like it.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this

No, not in poor taste at all, acknowledge their loss, and send your condolences.

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Not poor taste you didnt know not much u can do if you dont know  

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You can always send a card letting them know you just found out. I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Hmmm....if it were someone you knew well or if the person you were sending your sympathy to was a friend, I'd say send a note. Often these notes mean more long after the passing because at the time of intense grief much is a blur. However, if you didn't know them well...or know the people you wish to send condolences well...I'd say to let it rest. Too much time has passed.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I agree if you didn't know them closely I'd let it go.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Nov. 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM

This. I just found out one of my fav relatives of my former in laws died. Why they chose to tell me two weeks later and not in time for hospital visits or the funeral I don't know. It makes me sad.

Quoting secondcup5:

No, not in poor taste at all, acknowledge their loss, and send your condolences.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I feel that since it was someone you hardly knew, and it was some time ago that they passed, you should let it go.  No card or anything is neccesary. 

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Nov. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM

I wouldn't, it may bring up sad feelings again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)