Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Are you a SAHM?

Posted by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:12 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 166 Total Views

Well, Let's Celebrate Today is your day.

Housewife Day

When : Always November 3rd

Housewife Day recognizes the importance of stay at home wives and moms. Also referred to as "Retro" Housewife Day. These wonderful, caring creatures, build and enrich strong family environments. They help to instill family values and good character.

Housewife is an old term. It hails back to the days when one income could support the family in a manner of comfort. It was also a time when women did not have equal rights. While these days are long gone, women views of working or staying at home, fall on both sides of the fence. The decision to be a "housewife", or stay at home mom, is still preferred by many. Unfortunately, income needs often necessitate going to work.

Today, we celebrate and thank all of the ladies who choose to stay home and tend to the house and family! 

How will I celebrate this special day? I will celebrate this day, by honoring my beloved wife, and thanking her for staying home for the family during the child rearing years. Without a doubt, our children grew up much better for it. And, I benefitted by the many sacrifices she made by staying home. 

by on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Half stay at home mom looking for seasonal work and work part time at the school

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Nah..never was been working my whole life.
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Quoting ChellBell2013:

Half stay at home mom looking for seasonal work and work part time at the school

Good for you I am glad you are doing part time at the school look into the cafeteria see if they need parttime help I know in my department alone we have 7 openings and they are mostly 10-2.

Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Carmen66:

Nah..never was been working my whole life.

Me too Unfortunately ;(

ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Thanks what I do but  its minum wage by the time I pay my sitter  and my gas to drive out there  three times ai am coming out in the negtive but i love working with the kids

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Quoting ChellBell2013:

Good for you I am glad you are doing part time at the school look into the cafeteria see if they need parttime help I know in my department alone we have 7 openings and they are mostly 10-2.

Maida265
by Spanking the Monkey on Nov. 3, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I'm a SAHM AND a WAHM. I work from home caring for the disabled. Not a bad job! Somedays I think, "WOW! I get paid to do this!" and other days its like "They don't pay me nearly enough to do this!" LOL

ALolies
by Red Room Rebel on Nov. 3, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Hubby and I have been in business for ourselves for nearly 20years. So I was always accessible to the needs of the kids. Never a SAHM, more of a bring the kids to work mom. Lol

Tnoblin5
by Sister on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I stay at home in order to raise my grandbaby.
wenuck
by Moonshine on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I am now for a little but I am a fulltime worker.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 3, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Quoting Maida265:

I'm a SAHM AND a WAHM. I work from home caring for the disabled. Not a bad job! Somedays I think, "WOW! I get paid to do this!" and other days its like "They don't pay me nearly enough to do this!" LOL

Yes, I get you. I have a friend who babysits and so she stays home yet she says some days she doesn't get paid enough. I think you kind of have the best of both world's some days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)