Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

insomnia?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM
  • 17 Replies
  • 202 Total Views
Hello: I have been suffering from insomnia for over two months. Has anyone been through this?
No matter what time I go to bed I wake up from 2:20am(precisley!)-5:30, then my alarm goes off at 6! I am exhausted and am running on fumes..I try to go to bed by 10 so I at least get 4 hours:(

I tried Benalyn bc that is supposed to help with sleep but it didn't work :(

Any tips?
Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moms_Angels1960
by Husker Babe on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, I get that from time to time but not for 2 months straight. My suggestion is to talk to your dr and see what they can do for you.

I would also limit caffine after 7 PM and try to settle down all quiet for an hour before you go to bed no computer time, just relax a warm shower or bath also.

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:40 AM

I rarely sleep well and have had to take amitriptyline but I hate the hangover feel of the next day.  I have to be like a brat who needs a nap before I take it or I lose a day of productivity.

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Wow, 2 months.. Have you made a dr appt to get things checked out?

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:27 AM

i sleep 3 to 4 hours a night, ever since my thyroid problem i have a hard time sleeping a full night.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I too suffer from insomnia.  As a matter or fact, I only got about 3 hours last night.  When it gets to be too much, I take melatonin.  That helps me sleep without making me feel groggy the next day.  I don't take it too often though 'cause I want to get my body too used to having it.

Samantha431
by Sister on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you..So I guess two months is a long time and I should call my doctor..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmorris14
by Sister on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Do you clench or grind your teeth while you sleep? I struggled with insomnia about 10 years ago and a friend asked me if I clinched or grinded my teeth.  It was keeping from a good night's sleep. When I stress out over something, I clench.  My dentist made me a bite block.  I tried the cheap store brand but it kept falling out.  I wore it for about a year and it helped so much.  I only wear it now if I'm super stressed or have a headache.

dmorris14
by Sister on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I'm also a light sleeper.  My husband snores so we bought a sound machine that plays different sounds.  I sleep to the ocean noise and it blocks out my husband's loud snoring.

Samantha431
by Sister on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:15 PM
Hi!-Yes, I grind my teeth..I have a bite plate. I chewed through the one from the drug store!

Quoting dmorris14:

Do you clench or grind your teeth while you sleep? I struggled with insomnia about 10 years ago and a friend asked me if I clinched or grinded my teeth.  It was keeping from a good night's sleep. When I stress out over something, I clench.  My dentist made me a bite block.  I tried the cheap store brand but it kept falling out.  I wore it for about a year and it helped so much.  I only wear it now if I'm super stressed or have a headache.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momwriter
by Sister on Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:21 PM
I've had trouble sleeping for most of my life and take meds for it. You should call your dr. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)