Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello: I have been suffering from insomnia for over two months. Has anyone been through this?
No matter what time I go to bed I wake up from 2:20am(precisley!)-5:30, then my alarm goes off at 6! I am exhausted and am running on fumes..I try to go to bed by 10 so I at least get 4 hours:(

I tried Benalyn bc that is supposed to help with sleep but it didn't work :(

Any tips?
Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Replies (11-17):
Samantha431
by Sister on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I heard that meds don't really leave you feeling rested. How do you feel if I may ask?

Quoting momwriter:

I've had trouble sleeping for most of my life and take meds for it. You should call your dr. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manth
by Manth on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:06 AM

One easy, non-medical way to reduce snoring is to raise the head end of the bed.  Doesn't have to be by much, I just put a house brick under each of the legs at the head end of the bed when I tried it.  It did dramatically reduce my snoring, which used to literally shake  the window in our bedroom sometimes.  Unfortunately DH found that he didn't sleep so well with the bed on a slight angle so I invested in a thick foam wedge pillow that does a similar job but only affects my side of the bed.  Now we BOTH get a good night's sleep and DH doesn't need to wear ear plugs any more.

My doctor recommended this to me when I was first diagnosed with mild sleep apnea.  My case is mild enough that a CPAP would actually cause more problems than the snoring does.  Apparently, when you raise you head slightly at night, it allows gravity to hold your throat more open as you sleep which results in much less snoring.

Quoting dmorris14:

I'm also a light sleeper.  My husband snores so we bought a sound machine that plays different sounds.  I sleep to the ocean noise and it blocks out my husband's loud snoring.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I have had problems for years just had a sleep study and have sleep apnea. Getting fitted and calibrated for a C Pap Thursday. I am hoping it helps. Talk to your dr
momwriter
by Sister on Nov. 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Right now I'm really tired because I have seasonal depression. But I was fine over Spring/summer.

Quoting Samantha431:

I heard that meds don't really leave you feeling rested. How do you feel if I may ask?

Quoting momwriter:

I've had trouble sleeping for most of my life and take meds for it. You should call your dr. Good luck!

dmorris14
by Sister on Nov. 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I had to raise our headboard when I was pregnant and had bronchitis.  My 17 ds has acid reflux and I read that raising the headboard may help, so we did it earlier this week.  It seems to be helping!!  Now... I guess we need to put our bed up for my husband.  It is funny because I just suggested it for my husband's cold.

Quoting Manth:

One easy, non-medical way to reduce snoring is to raise the head end of the bed.  Doesn't have to be by much, I just put a house brick under each of the legs at the head end of the bed when I tried it.  It did dramatically reduce my snoring, which used to literally shake  the window in our bedroom sometimes.  Unfortunately DH found that he didn't sleep so well with the bed on a slight angle so I invested in a thick foam wedge pillow that does a similar job but only affects my side of the bed.  Now we BOTH get a good night's sleep and DH doesn't need to wear ear plugs any more.

My doctor recommended this to me when I was first diagnosed with mild sleep apnea.  My case is mild enough that a CPAP would actually cause more problems than the snoring does.  Apparently, when you raise you head slightly at night, it allows gravity to hold your throat more open as you sleep which results in much less snoring.

Quoting dmorris14:

I'm also a light sleeper.  My husband snores so we bought a sound machine that plays different sounds.  I sleep to the ocean noise and it blocks out my husband's loud snoring.

Snowl
by Snowl :) on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Depression can cause insomnia and insomnia can cause depression.

I have depression so I sympathise with you. My depression gets worse when my thyroid is off.

Try not to have any kind of caffiene after 7pm. Also check to see if any other meds you take could be causing the insomnia.

Annsf
by Sister on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Ambien will help. Drs. Give it frequently.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)