Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

HI! I FINALLY HAVE GREAT NEWS!!!!

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM
  • 41 Replies
  • 540 Total Views
12 moms liked this

I found a job!  I am a pet sitter/nanny!!! I started last Monday 11/4.  I am so  happy!!  The pay is really good!  The kids are great! The dog is good too!  The whole family is nice! The mom is a school teacher,I don't know what the Dad does.   I finally found a job,that i don't consider a job because I love it!    I am so happy!!!!  After I work tomorrow,I will have successfully finished my first week as a nanny/petsitter!  WOOHOO!!!   My family will be able to have a fantastic christmas!!!!  I prayed so hard and I truly believe in prayers!   I always have!  I am so happy I can cry happy tears!!!

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM
3 moms liked this

way to gogoodclappingwoohoo

3gr8tKids
by Sister on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

When my industry was not doing well, I found a job like that through care.com and worked as a Nanny for over a 1.5 yrs eventually cutting my house back as my regular job picked back up. I too really enjoyed it.

dancer
by Sister -lp on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM
1 mom liked this

That is where I found my job too!  The family asked me how long do you plan to stay? I told them"I will be here for you as long as you need me". Now I can say that because it is the truth.  They knew that when I say something i am not just feeding them a line,I am honest 100% of the time and I told them that.

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

When my industry was not doing well, I found a job like that through care.com and worked as a Nanny for over a 1.5 yrs eventually cutting my house back as my regular job picked back up. I too really enjoyed it.

Carmen66
by Hot Latina on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm so happy for you, you have tried so hard and succeeded.high fiveyou rockgood

3gr8tKids
by Sister on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck.. I still help them out when needed, all the children are in school now and their needs changed. Perfect timing however for both of us. If they pay well and treat you as a valued member of their team you will enjoy going to work everyday! And if its a vocation you enjoy you will always be able to find employment. I negotiated couple weeks paid vacation, paid holidays ect. If you didnt do that this time remember to try that next time. Working for the school district as one of my employers did.. it worked out great vacation wise. Because I had all the holidays off. 

Quoting dancer:

That is where I found my job too!  The family asked me how long do you plan to stay? I told them"I will be here for you as long as you need me". Now I can say that because it is the truth.  They knew that when I say something i am not just feeding them a line,I am honest 100% of the time and I told them that.

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome... You persevered.... Way to go :)
ChellBell2013
by Beach Lover on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Whohoo awesome

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

that is great!

wenuck
by Moonshine on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats Great Dancer!! I'm glad you are happy and enjoy the job!!

samomama
by Ms. Fair Weather on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Great news! Congrats!

woohoo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)